Friday, December 19, 2014

just checking in quick!


 so much hustle and bustle!  finally down to the last weekend before christmas!  It'll be a busy one.   I feel like Ive neglected all my bloggy pals the past few weeks.. all that bear making took up all my play time.  but I got them all finished.. 36 bears and 22 santa stars.  Thankful for the orders... but not wanting to make another bear for a while! LOL!  Ive done NO christmas crafting...   but I'm hoping to make a little something this weekend.  I had wanted to do a christmas giveaway... but, obviously that wont be happening! LOL!
 The mail lady has been dropping packages off here right and left.  Mostly things I've ordered on line, but also some really fun things too.  I particiapated in Ericas christmas swap and my partner was Susan Clayton.  she definitely spoiled me!
  check out all this sweet christmasy stuff.  It was all packed neatly into that delightful box above.  You can see Frannie pants was excited to help me open and unpack the box!  (shes a nosey little girl!  lol!)
 Susan made some really cute little christmasy things for me. 
 check out the rag wreath above with the vintage cookie cutter.. and look at all the stuff in the pic below that was packed into that box!  Ive eaten about half that bag of candy already!  Thank you so much susan for the wonderful package of christmas treats!  I hope you like the things I sent you as well...  I mailed with out taking a pic so I cant post a pic. 
 My friend Sandy Camarda sent me a little package the other day too and this cute cute cute little garland was tucked into it.  I just love it!  But impossible to get a good pic so you can see just how darling it really is.
 And another fun package I received came all the way from England.  I won this fountain pen on Happy Loves Rosie's blog.  I havent tried it out yet.. but I sure am looking forward to using it. I LOVE to write with fountain pens.  makes you want to use your very best handwriting!

And in these days of computers.. my handwriting has suffered terrible.  When I find myself writing anything by hand, it seems that Im in a hurry and just scribbling something down!  
OK.. Ive got to get ready for work... I shall return this weekend to do some real true blog hopping!  This next week is going to fly by girls.  but Im looking forward to all the baking and wrapping and last minute things I can do now without bear making on my brain!  
Happy day my friends!.   toodles for now!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

20 comments:

BethBoothe said...

Precious paper doll!!!!
Sweet gifts ;)

Unknown said...

Wow! You got some great things in your swaps! We had a gingerbread man cookie cutter like that when I was little but it disappeared. The one I have now is almost too big.
Have a great weekend! :)

Anonymous said...

Hope this last week will be fun for you, Viv! thanks for a the peek at all your goodies! ♥

Theresa said...

LOVE all of you goodies! These are surely busy days! I am trying to enjoy each and every moment and TRYING really hard NOT to rush thru it all! Have a blessed day dear Viv, HUGS!

Sally Annie Magundy said...

So much fun, look at all those goodies! Everything is so darling, enjoy!

Merry Christmas!

DollZandThingZ said...

Great post! Was wondering where you were! Love all your photos! I used to be a professional with hand lettering....like you I have deteriorated in that department! Have a great weekend! xx

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love all of your pretties! It's a fun time of year...but crazy busy! Merry Christmas sweet friend! Hugs, Diane

Musings from Kim K. said...

What fun happy mail! Such creative Christmas gifts. Erica's swap was so much fun to see everyone's interpretations on the cooking theme. I'm trying to find time to get everything done and I swear a few extra elves would be handy right now. Christmas hugs!!

Stephanie said...

Glad the bears are done! Sounds like you have a dizzying week ahead. I have a little bit of online ordering on my mind--but it's for me!! Bad Grandma.

NanaDiana said...

Glad your brain is bare of bears for a while! What a sweet box filled with goodness. Isn't that little girl just the cutest thing ever? I love your banner and that fountain pen, too.
Hope you really enjoy the next few days and get lots done. xo Diana

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

That was a fun swap! Nice Christmas treasures.
I hope you can enjoy these days before Christmas...
Merry Christmas.
warmly,
deb

Nan said...

OMG so stinkin cute!!

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

Hi Viv! I'm sorry I missed this post the other day. Susan sent you such cute things! I love the ornaments that she made and the chalkboard looking tags and box!
I'm so glad you joined my swap.
Thank you!
I hope now that you're done with all the bears you can relax, do some crafting, and have a wonderful Christmas!
Erica :)

Margaret said...

WHat great stuff you got in the mail! I am in love with that garland especially. Have a great weekend and I hope you get to do some relaxing too! Maggie

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Yay, here you are! :) So glad you got your bears done. Have fun doing some playing now.

Sweet goodies in your mail call. Bloggy friends are great! Those sweet elves I won from you last year keep sneaking to different places in the house..and look cute everywhere.

Have a very merry! :)

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Your first shot is a nice one, Vivian! I love that teddy bear in the background and I'm glad to hear you got all yours done. I didn't do as much Christmas crafting as I would have liked, but there is still time.

Susan is a sweetie and she sent you some wonderful goodies! I'm sorry I missed this swap. I haven't done one for several months and feel the itch to do one.

Blessed Serendipity said...

Such cute gifts you've received. I hope you get a chance to do some crafting that you have been wanting to do. I bet you are so happy you finished all those bears. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

xo Danielle

Cranberry Morning said...

Found your blog through Lavender Dreamer! Now your follower. :-) Beautiful photos. That gingerbread boy cookie cutter looks so familiar. I am sure my mom used to have one of those. Now I'll be searching the web for one like it. I make gingerbread boys but with a newer plastic one that usually ends up with a foot getting stuck inside the cutter. Grrrr. Have a wonderful Christmas!

Patti said...

Well, you are a very busy Grama! I enjoyed the swap, too! Everyone did such a nice job. Have a Merry Christmas sweet Vivian!

Marlynne said...

What a busy lady! Glad you took time to share your gifts with us! So Darling!