Wednesday, June 22, 2016

peek a boo... I see you!


Here I am!  did ya miss me?  Ive been pretty busy.  working, playing, working on bears..  all the same old same old!  My life doesn't change much from day to day.  But that's probably a good thing.  I really have not been very creative.. I guess that is different for me as I've always lived to create.  I've just not been very inspired or ambitious I guess.  but I did make these pillows last week.  That's it though other then bears for bear orders..  I do have a little something rattling around in my brain though.    


Ive been to the lake at the end of the road a few times the last couple weeks and have been to the beach twice so far this beachy season!  Im actually considering taking my tea down to the lake in the mornings before work.  The lake is really the only place I ever feel truly relaxed.   Work has been awful.  I've always loved my job.  but I'm afraid I have to admit that I'm feeling very burned out.  Too much going on in my case loads, and I am so very far behind.  I have never ever thought about leaving my job until recently.  now Im seriously wondering if I can hang on til I can retire.   My little light is going dim and its effecting me outside of work as well.  .. lets just hope and pray that things will get better.... but I think they are going to get worse.   
Ok.. I usually don't talk about work.   I so very much wish I could give reasons.  but I have to be very generic when I talk about my job.   sooo anyways,... 


Its supposed to be a hot, sunny weekend.. I have friday off and I plan on parking my butt at the lake all three days morning til its time to go home for dinner.  I might go to the library and find a book to read or maybe I'll just pack a stack of old magazines, fill a cooler with ice tea and some healthy and not so healthy snacks and pretend the rest of the world doesnt exist! Doesn't that sound good? lol!  I actually have  beach date with some girlfriends on sunday.  Im looking forward to that.  but friday and saturday I'll be on my own.


I do have a little project brewing that will involve these black and white pics of my pies.  so I will stay home long enough one day to work on those.  Actually I'll just work on them in the early mornings before I head out to the beach.   I'll post pics when they are finished. 
well, I just wanted to pop in for a minute.   sorry Im a sucky bloggy friend these days..  and that Im whining.  
still love you all!  have a great day!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxo

9 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

I'm glad you are continuing to find time to create. It's important that you find spaces (like the lake) to recharge. Keep on playing! Keep on creating! You are so talented and I know your job is stressful. The mental health social work field is a burn out field. Hugs!

Susie said...

Viv, I am sending you a big hug...I know that burned out at work feeling. I think possibly everyone goes thru some of that. I just bought two of my daughters, who say they have stress at their jobs at times, each a new coffee cup. It's those Aunty Acid cups. they say ;" I could die and go straight to hell and be there a week , before I would realize I wasn't at work. " I just thought it was funny enough to lighten their stress somewhat. You stay strong and be tough...and yes get down to that beach and relax. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Patti said...

Here's another hug Sweet Viv. Enjoy your lake - and your sweet grands - and take dear care of your wonderful self. As I say this to you - I say it to me. I think mental health issues can take their toll. It does for me anyway.

20 North Ora said...

Love your patriotic pillows and those precious little ones!! Sometimes we just have to realize we have to take time for ourselves and lessen the stress in our lives. I have found that I just cannot be around people with negativity anymore. Live is too short and too many fun things to enjoy in life. Take care.

Judy

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Beach days sound great! Enjoy your weekend.
warmly,
deb

Lynn said...

Your pillows turned out great, love the fabric embellishments! Enjoy your long weekend:@)

Theresa said...

Sit and relax, sounds like the perfect way to spend the day or several days:). Enjoy your day and the long weekend. Hugs

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I am retired...almost 3 years now. I always stayed at jobs about 10 years before I burned out. I was 12 years at my last one and could not take another day. Who wants to hire someone that is 61 and pay them to start at a rate I was currently earning. Nope...retired. Knowing when to switch jobs is a hard decision, but when it effects your life outside the job it's time to go.

Love that you have a lake to visit. That is how I feel about our pond. I love the beach, but rarely go now that my kids are grown. The best I get now is turning on the hose to water the plants that surround the pond, lol.

Have a really, really relaxing weekend. Oh, Oh...almost forgot. Can't wait to see what you are doing with the black and whites!!

xx, Carol

Beth said...

Sending you good thoughts. I love reading your posts and seeing the things you create. I'm sorry to hear you are suffering burnout. I understand burnout, It lead to me uprooting my life and moving to a new city to start over. I will never go back to being a CPS caseworker though I am now a caseworker in the mental health field, helping individuals where I can. I understand workloads are overwhelming and when they start taking over your life at least for me, you need to make changes. I hope things improve for you and that you can find positive releases, such as your family, crafts, or the beach, to recharge. I am working on putting my life back in perspective and not letting my work take over my life. I hope you can do the same.