Monday, January 6, 2014

down on the farm

 While straightening up the grandpies toys on the front porch yesterday morning, I got caught up in the moment and had to play!  just long enough to take a couple pictures and then I put everything away.  but it was fun while it lasted!
last night I crafted for a little bit, but really wasnt feeling so great so I ended up on the couch and probably was asleep by 9:30!  stilll not feeling so great this morning, but I have somethings that I have to do at work today, so I'll be heading out there shortly.  not sure if I'll stay all day or not though.
Found the idea for this little garland on pinterest... soo simple and it really is cute.  This isnt a very good picture.  I'll take a better one when I put it up next weekend.. where ever i end up putting it!  
we're supposed to get some nasty weather with some bitter wind chills dipping to 20 and 30 below zero!!  I know that some of  you are supposed to get windchills as low as 50 below.  thats brutal..  
I hope everyone stays warm and cozy..   Like Kim K.. I'm just praying we dont lose power.  Ive been listening to that wind blow outside this morning and I have to admit it makes me nervous.   not to mention that we did have a little flickr of lights a while ago.   
OK.. time for one last cup of tea, some tylenol and then Ive got to get going.
toodles girlfriends
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

16 comments:

Japolina said...

Happy Monday. Love those hearts

Perfectly Printed said...

Looks like it will be a cute heart shape garland! Hope you feel better! Sending good thoughts for staying warm and that your power holds during this horrible cold spell!

Musings from Kim K. said...

Isn't fisher price the best? I think everyone needs to play! Maybe that's why I love my dollhouses so. That valentine garland is adorable. I worked on one yesterday. I should spend my day home with this storm organizing the house, but I think the craft room might be calling.

Take care of yourself. Don't work too long today.

LBP said...

I love your farm scene! My son had that barn, wonder what we did with it? I pinned that same felt valentine garland but haven't made it yet. Yours is adorable!

Blessings

Linda

Cindy said...

I hope that you get to feeling better today, Viv. We are having highs of -15 degrees today, so everything is closed, even Purdue where my husband works! Take care, Cindy

vintage grey said...

Oh, love the barn and animals! So fun! Cute garland, too!! Stay warm and cozy! Happy New Year! xo Heather

NanE said...

Happy New Year! I had to smile when I saw your post because I would do the same thing when my girls were little and I would straighten up their toys. Have a wonderful week! Nan

DollZandThingZ said...

Feel better. Such strange weather. 58 this morning, 12 tonight. This winter just doesn't seem to be going right!

Lisa said...

Hope you are feeling better, Viv!
This morning it was 1 degree here in Oklahoma - brrr~
I'm staying in today and trying to get my craft mess cleaned up. ;)

BucksCountyFolkArt said...

Mother Nature must be going through Menopause! Icy storm one day, blizzard the next, warm a few days later, below zero again....driving us crazy!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Fun felt Valentine chain :)
It's too cold here too! My grandgirl is home sick...stuff is really going around! Take care, Viv!
Warmly,
deb

Theresa said...

Cute garland! Hope you are feeling better:) HUGS and PRAYERS coming your way!

Debby said...

Viv, I saw the post that must have been removed. I hope that your daughter is okay. How scary. Bad enough with the snow but with the cold it is so much worse. Hope all is well now. ((((HUGS)))) and Prayers. I also hope you are feeling better.

Patti said...

Praying for you, dear friend.

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

I seen that garland too! And was thinking about it! :) I use to have a barn and farm animals like that my sister and I played with! :) Happy week to you! xo Holly

Lostvestige said...

Cute photos! I had one of those farm sets when I was little. I wonder where that is now...