Monday, September 15, 2014

country living fair

 what a fun weekend!  we had a great time.  we left on friday around 2:30 and got to Kellys in Ohio around 7:30.  We picked up my friend Jan (in the green) and Jennifer drove my car.  I had everything checked off my list and was ready to go.  Except for one minor detail...   We had been driving for about an hour on the thruway when I looked over at the dash board, and saw that we were running on fumes!  I had forgotten to fill the tank!  like.. really, I know.  duh!   I had been talking about filling it and just totally forgot!  Anyways, poor Jennifer.. I felt the blood drain from my face and I said.. ."get off.. we have to get off now.. (she didnt even know what I was talking about! lol!) "I forgot to get gas....  "    You can imagine the look only a daughter can give you when you do something like that!  lol!   Luckily for us, when I realized it we were right near an exit and the exit was right near a gas station.  so we were really really really lucky, cause Im pretty sure we would have run out of gas on that thru way... and that would have not been good...  thank you God for watching over us and making me look at the fuel gage at just that moment! any later and we would have missed the exit.  not to mention we were 4 lanes over and she had to cross over all 4 lanes to the exit..    
dum de dum de dum de dum...!
  
 It was so good to see Kelly.  She is so awesome and I just enjoy her company so much.  She has a gorgeous house and she is a wonderful hostess.  I like her husband too, hes a really nice guy.  
We got there and then waited for Miss Marlene to get there from New JErsey!  This crazy girl drove like 10 hours to get to us.  she got a teeny tiny bit lost when she got close to kellys so we went and found her and went to dinner.  Every one had a drink and good food and we sat and chit chatted for a couple hours.
The next morning we all got up and ready to go to the Country Living Fair
Kelly had yummy berries and goodies for us for breakfast and everyone was ready and raring to go!  Jennifer did my hair with some pink hair chalk so I could be purty with pink hair!  I wish I could have pink hair all the time.  such fun!
 
Hello!  see! pink!
Anyways, we had a great time at the fair.  I failed to take pictures there.. just a couple of the girls.  I kind of hesitate to take any of the artist booths and goods because most of them dont really like you too and I dont really blame them.  
we did take the standard.. "I went to the country living fair" pic by the pumpkin pile.
 well, some of us did.  there ended up being 9 of us, so pretty hard to keep up with everyone.  we pretty much just wandered around trying to touch base every so often.  
One of the highlights of being there was that sweet Debby Messner came to the fair to hang out with me!  (us..lol.. you know me.. its always about me.. lol!)

 What a treat!  almost twinzies with our white hair.. we should have put some pink in hers too!  She spent the afternoon with us having lunch and walking around the fair.  speaking of lunch!
oh my goodness.  we waiting in line for quite a while to get this...   It was a corn cake topped with mac n cheese, topped with coleslaw, topped with bbq chicken meatballs topped with corn stuff....  and then the texas sheet cake!  It was delishous!  And, I have to admit.. I pretty much at all of that!  OINK OINK!
So anyways, we wandered around looking at all the great stuff..   SO MUCH STUFF to see!  and so hard to decide just where to spend your money!  
Marlene found a boyfriend there! teehee!
ONe of the best tents is the EARTH ANGELS tent.  Just them all by them selves good be almost enough of a show for me.  and that is where I spent most of my money.  It was one of the first tents we visited and it was the last tent I visited.  
Ive been friends with Valerie Weberpal on line for quite a few years now and was so happy to meet her in person!  I love her quirky creations and I was so happy to buy one of her pumpkin dolls.  

So then there was the ride back to Kellys after the fair.  Kelly actually lives about 2 hours from where the fair is held.  We got a flat tire! LOL!  so we took a road side break and had a little car party while we waited for the triple A guy.  Im sure he thought we were a bunch of kooks.. especially when Marlene asked him if his father was single!  LOL!
 Poor Jen had stuff going on on sunday and we were originally supposed to leave at 6:00 cause she had to direct choir at her church.. but there was no way we could drive home on a donut, so she had to make a bunch of calls to rearrange and cover herself, because we were going to have to find a place to buy tires in the morning... and of course that was a sunday!
 But we made the best of it.. (easy to do when youre with good friends!)  and sunday morning after we found a place to get tires and dropped the car off, we went shopping and out to lunch! 
The ride home was uneventful and we got home about 7:30.   Marlene had left about 9:30 am and she made it back to NY about 8:30.  
so thats pretty much the weekend in a nutshell!  Lots of fun.. lots of laughs... lots of eye candy and new treasures!   I havent had a chance to put my stuff away yet or to take pics of the stuff, but I will and I will be sure to post pics to show you!  
heres a little peek at the things I made for Marlene and Kelly last week that I took with me.  cute stuffies!  
Have a great week girlie pies!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

11 comments:

Scrap for Joy said...

Looks like you had a super fun time at the Fair with friends! It's always more fun with good friends...even the gas thing and the tire thing...more funny stories to tell. Can't wait to see what you couldn't leave behind!
xoxo
Joyce

Cindy said...

Sounds like so much fun - except maybe the flat tire and almost running out of gas! LOL! CAn't wait to see your treasures. I have never been to the CL fair, but would like to sometime.

Musings from Kim K. said...

Aside from your car troubles, I'm glad you had a fabulous weekend. I'm so happy you were able to meet up with friends, especially Debby. Darling pictures of everyone. Love the pink highlights in your hair! Your hostess gifts that you made were adorable too. PS. I can't wait to see Halloween unpacked at your house! Bring it on!!

NanaDiana said...

Oh- Viv- I am so jealous of your road trip and the fun you had with all your friends. Love those little cuties you made to give to your friends. That fair sounds just AMAZING!

The bonus was meeting Debby there. She is just such a doll and I bet a lot of fun. Glad she could hang with you guys for part of the day, too.

Have a wonderful week. I am having a "limited" day today with a headache I inherited from SweetCheeks. xo Diana

ps. Even car trouble is fun when you're with good friends!

Stephanie said...

Cars just try to spoil your fun, don't they?

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

What fun! Can't think of a better way to spend the weekend...with great gal pals & at the Country Living Fair...cool! Lol at the gas story, we've all been there at one time or another. Love the cuties you made for them. :)

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

What FUN, Viv!!! Girlfriend time is the best, even with car issues!
Hoping all goes well for daughter's wedding on Saturday...
warmly,
deb

Marlynne said...

Looked like a fun time1 Memories to last forever!

BucksCountyFolkArt said...

HAHAHA! Looks like a great time was had by all!

familytribe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

We're ALL so jealous! What fun you had and your smiles tell it all! Love seeing cute photos of my blog buddies and seeing all the neat things there, too! Hugs!