Saturday, February 15, 2014

decorating dilemmas

good morning bloggy pies!  look at my sweet little Frannie.  She comes to sit on my lap every morning while I drink my tea and play on the computer.  And, she always brings one of her toy pipe cleaners with her.  Isn't she funny!?  once, when she had just come home from being spayed, she was lying on the couch resting and I swear to God, that Figgy brought a pipe cleaner to her to make her feel better!  really, somewhere I have a picture of it.  I should go look.. be right back... never mind.. I cant find it.  I have about 9000 pictures on flickr and I do not have them tagged... (dumb me) so I have to go by approximate months and years to find stuff. and I guess I don't feel like finding it bad enough! lol!
Sooo  anyways...  I just looked on the calender to see when Easter is... omg.. not until April 20th..  That is like forever away.    Im going to have a dilemma here.  I cant keep valentines out more then another week or two.. but it will be to early to put Easter out before mid march.  I don't have a normal decor..  I'm going to have to come up with something.    I keep Christmas out til about the second week of January, then I do valentines and a few snowy things, usually up until I can decorate for Easter.  Easter stays up till a week or so after Easter and then it goes into spring.. birds, birds nests and eggs, plants and springy flowers etc.. that all stays out until mid June when I start bringing out patriotic and 4th of July goodies.. which stay out until mid July and then lots of seashells and flamingos.. and beachys things come out.  These of course stay out until Sept..when fall creeps in and then Halloween  Halloween is my longest decorated season.. It starts early Sept and goes til a week after Halloween..  then there are 3 short weeks of thanksgiving and then Christmas comes the day after thanksgiving.
So you see my dilemma?   I cant keep valentines up 4 more weeks.  My house will be so bare and boring!   I suppose I could do some really super good spring cleaning during that time..   do some painting and freshening up.  maybe make some new pillows for the couches..  I hadnt thought about using the time like that until just now.. so writing this blog post was good for me! LOL!  
so I guess thats what I shall do.  Valentines can stay up one more week and then I will do some projects here!   now, I'll just be needing some energy.  And, my house will still be bare and boring...   Im going to pinterest...  toodles girls! 
have a great day
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxo

14 comments:

Perfectly Printed said...

I didn't put too much out for Valentine's Day....not sure what I will put out between now and Easter....Oh, well I guess something will come to mind! Happy long weekend!

Lisa said...

Well Viv, St. Patrick's Day is in March so you could decorate for that in between now and Easter. ;)

Or, you could just take a little break since you've been going like crazy the past few years. But, you probably wouldn't know what to do with yourself if you had a little "me" time not filled with doing everything for everyone.

Enjoy your weekend!
xoxo

Lostvestige said...

That's so cute! My cats love pipe cleaners too.

Cindy said...

Sounds like a plan! I don't have quite as much seasonal decor as you do, so it's not a big problem here. I'm trying to make my new decor "nature like", so it will look springy most of the time.
have a great weekend!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I was wondering when Easter was this year ~ that is late. As long as Spring comes soon . . . You could decorate for St. Patrick's Day. I don't myself, but it will give you something in between to make some cuties.

Anonymous said...

Viv, I always think I'll spring clean too but I just get sick and depressed instead! :) Ya know you could do the spring flowers thing before AND after Easter...

Tell your kitties they are the sweetest things ever!

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

I'm thinking green, for St. Patrick's Day too! My photos are also organized by date, duh...when I started I never thought ahead to how many I'd end up with, lol, you too probably. Such a sweet kitty!

Enjoy your weekend!

Debby said...

Oh Viv, what about St. Patrick's Day. We celebrate it here since I had a son born on that day.....Shane Patrick, he he.
Sorry you aren't feeling well........maybe you will feel better if you head on over to my blog. I posted two times today but one in particular you will like. Hmmmmmmmm.

NanaDiana said...

Well...you crazy woman----what about St. Patrick's Day? Surely you have a bit of Irish in you somewhere? lol

How funny about the cat..and being brought a pipe cleaner - 9000 pictures and you can't find one?lol Have a great rest of the weekend. I am kid free today- weird!!!! xo Diana

Unknown said...

Viv,
It is tough, where I live it feels like spring, so my Spring stuff will come out, but not Easter until March.....

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

You always make me laugh, Viv! I laughed when you said "I don't have a normal décor". haha
I don't either! lol
So I think I'm going to keep it real clean and simple for the next month. Maybe do some pre spring cleaning.
Then I'll hit it hard with the Easter stuff! Anyway, that's my plan.
Have a great weekend! Erica :)

Margaret said...

I do St Patrick's Day and the day after it is over, Easter is up! My cats love pipe cleaners too! Maggie

Patti said...

I was thinking the same thing today...while taking down the VDay things, should I do st. Patty's? Well I did paint something green. Does that count? Easter is too far away. Maybe we should make up something fun. I was thinking cherries for Presidents' Day! Lol!

Theresa said...

I don't have nearly as much decoration as you do, but I am thinking just dressing the house for Spring:) Then add in the Easter stuff a little closer to time for the bunny to arrive! Enjoy your Sunday dear Viv, BIG HUGS!