Thursday, February 20, 2014

EDIT secret leprechaun swap!


 Sooo.. Hey!  I was thinking.... (my hubby gets scared when I start thinking!  lol)  anyways, you know I was feeling a little lost as to what to do between valentines and easter because there is so much time in between, well, Ive decided to do that spring cleaning and to do a little decorating for st pattys day.
Really, I have very little for st pattys day, like I think all I have is what you see in the picture above! 
so I got to thinking....
lets do a SWAP!  Ive not hosted one in a quite a while and I think it would be the perfect thing to occupy my mind for a couple weeks.
So what we're going to do is a SECRET leprachaun swap! I will give you a name, and your name to someone else, but you cant tell who you have...  but you can post your items if you want when ever you want..  your person wont know its for them until they open their mail.
so, you will have one secret leprachaun and someone else will have you.
It is VERY VERY important that if you join you totally follow through.  
the ship out date is going to be march 7th...  no later.(this includes me... and my problem getting to the post office. lol!)  oh... i just realized that I can have a partner to send to but I wont have a secret partner to receive from... well that sucks... duh!  (sometimes I have the brightest ideas..) well, what ever..  thats ok.. This will still be fun.
You can send your secret person whatever you want that is st pattys related.  
I want to keep the swap open to only girls with active blogs and sorry, but to girls in the states.
you need to sign up in two places.. here on this posting just by saying you're in.. but then you need to send me an email with your name, complete mailing address and blog address.  please in the subject of you email put st pattys swap, so I dont miss it.
sign ups will end and partners will be assigned on this sunday the 23rd.  Im making a little button on the side bar if you want to spread the word, feel free, but not necessary.
OK.. I dont think I've left anything out. but if you have questions just ask! 
EDIT;
How about keeping your packages to a minimum of a few items.  we dont need to go crazy.  I find it very hard to fill a box with a bunch of stuff...
okeedokie!  
thats all folks!


16 comments:

Japolina said...

I don't have any leprechauns so I'm not in. But I wanted to say that yours is adorable! My husband gets scared when I start to think too!

Shirley Hatfield said...

I'm in. To Japolina: I don't think very many of us have leprechauns per se, but the creativity will be in what we can come up with on that theme. Viv, let me know what you think about this...I think some of the bloggers get overwhelmed and worried about having to include a bunch of extras in swaps. I think I like the idea of "swap item, tag, treat." When I first started blogging I felt I couldn't compete with the generosity of some bloggers. I can see how it might discourage some shy, but creative people from participating. This swap sounds super fun and I can't wait to come up with ideas!

Lynn said...

I would love to join.
Hugs,
Lynn

Grace said...

you are so cute!! I bet your husband would not want it any other way lol this is 1 holiday I don't decorate for. Everyone will have a great time I am sure. Grace xoox

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Sounds like fun to send anything st. Patty's day or green! I'm kind of thinking some green springy things too? ~Would that be ok? I will join in on the fun!! Thanks for hosting! :) xo Holly

Debby said...

Count me in. I wanted to do a swap but didn't know if there would be time. I have very little St. Patrick's Day items.....even though my son was born on that day. I went to HB yesterday and didn't see anything that I even liked.
Could you please give some kind of limit on what we are to send. I see so many people send boxes of things.......it overwhelms me as well. Thanks. I will email you......

Musings from Kim K. said...

Count me in. I'll have to put on my "green" thinking cap for this one, but I'd love to join.

Perfectly Printed said...

I would love to join as well! A perfect swap for a McKinley!!

Theresa said...

Oh I knew you would figure out what to do with your time:) Enjoy the green! HUGS!

Lisa said...

I'm in! Thanks for hosting, Viv!

NanaDiana said...

Oh- If we didn't have a baby coming any time now I would love to join a St. Paddy's Day swap-being Irish to the core! Well, lucky are the people that get to join in. xo Diana

ps. I hardly ever read comments but I think that Shirley has really hit the nail on the head. Some of the bloggers send SO MUCH stuff that it makes someone else feel like they can't "keep up".
Great idea about -swap item-tag-treat.

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Count me in too! I like the "secret" part, sounds like fun. I know I'm one of those who can tend to get crazy with the stuff, so I will behave and follow the rules. :)

Thanks Vivian! I'll email. Pam

Unknown said...

It's MEEEEE - Kai - and I'm FINALLY figuring out this freakin' Windows 8. Will email you soooooon - so much to share - but wanted to tell you I WISH I could be in your swap (too much work - phooey - so I have zero FUN time) and also I've kept up with your blog and LOOOVE the photos of your 'Pies'! Also love you, Vivvy!

Patti said...

Count me in! And, I like the idea of a "wee" bit, too!

Unknown said...

I'd love to join. Great idea! I'm going to email you.

Have a great day!

Michelle
funkygirlychick@gmail.com

Sally Annie Magundy said...

Hi Viv!
I'd love to join in on the St. Patty's Day fun too!
I can easily get "over enthusiastic" due to it being so much fun but I promise I will sit on myself LOL.
Will go send you an email now ...
Thanks for hosting this fun swap!
Sally