Wednesday, April 1, 2015

baskets full of easter joy!

Here comes peter cotton tail...  hopping down the bunny trail! 
He came here disguised as the mail lady and dropped the sweetest little Easter basket off to me this past Saturday!  

My sweet friend Mica was my partner for the swap.  She is such a creative, artistic, kind, loving soul.  She is a wonderful christian woman, an awesome mother to her children and an inspirational friend!  and I'm so glad that I "know" her.  

Mica sent me the sweetest basket ever.   Ive been dying to post pics, but I wanted to wait til she received my basket.. which finally arrived to her yesterday!   

Mica made that little chickie in the jello mold basket for me..  I can honestly say that is my favorite Easter treasure now.. I just stinking love it!  Her basket was filled with awesome things!

sweet yellowy springy goodness.. check out the wool roving!  
does mica have my number or what?

She sent these doggy stickies and little memos.. too cute to use!    and the card with the flower girl on it is Mica's art.. she is sooo stinking talented.  Her love for color oozes from her finger tips!

I love every single thing in your basket Mica, thank you so much!!  
you are awesome!

and this??  I'm obsessed with it!  I think its just the cutest darn thing ever!

I filled a little basket up for mica with lots of goodies too.. but for some reason I didn't save all the pics I took of it.  but here are the two pics I did manage to save.   I made Mica this little bunny and chickie.   I cant even remember what all else went into the basket..  lots of stuff though.

and candy!  lol!  we all need a little chocolate at Easter time, don't you think?
lol!
I had a blast with this swap.  I've been doing lots of blog hopping and it looks like everyone else has loved it too.  Its always fun to receive a fun package of holiday treats in the mail isn't it?
Only a few more days til Easter...
 as usual, it has suddenly snuck up on us! (is snuck a word?)
I've been buying tons of stuff for my grandpies Easter baskets.. exactly what I said I wasn't going to do.. 
but I cant help my self...  not much candy.. but lots of novelty toys and a couple summer outfits a piece.
Its too much fun playing the Easter bunny!  
And I just wanna see those babies all excited about their baskets!
Have a great day my friendies!  
I gotta go stuff a bear for a baby shower this weekend..
toodles!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

13 comments:

NanaDiana said...

What a wonderful swap! OMGosh-that chicky she made you is just darling! SO cute! And you, my friend, make two of your sweet little "pets" for her. You gals just blow me away with how talented you all are.

Happy Easter week to you, Viv. Have fun getting ready for it for the kids! xo Diana

Musings from Kim K. said...

That chick is just darling. Mica really did spoil you well and you deserve everything single thing!! Your handmade treasures were equally darling. Have fun filling up those grands baskets!! Easter blessings to your family, Viv.

Sally Annie Magundy said...

OH!! I've been dying to see what you and Mica made for each other and you haven't let me down hahahaha! The bunnies and chicks you made each other are so adorable, so much fun, makes me all smiley - bet you're doing a hippity hopity happy dance. Look forward to seeing what creative fun you have with all those great goodies. Happy happy Bunny day to you and all your darling pies! xo

Shirley Hatfield said...

I think seeing all the baskets and treasures that people swapped is the best part! It's like opening presents at Christmas or a birthday party...it's fun to see what's under the wrapping paper! =D

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Oh my, you are both so talented and made the cutest bunnies and chicks ever! So much fun seeing what everyone received and sent, a fav part of swaps for me also.

Thanks again for hosting Viv, and I know you will have a Happy Easter with all those sweet pies. Bet you bought them BIG baskets to fill up :)

Margaret said...

What an incredible basket! I love her thoughtfulness in her gift to you too! Easter bunny brings mostly toys and gadgets and some candy here too! When I was a kid it was mostly candy! Hence the reason I need a dentist as an adult :))))

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Love the basket she made!! and all the nice goodies that she sent.
Easter Blessings.
warmly,
deb

Beth said...

You both outdid yourselves. Everything is so cute. I hope you have a Happy Easter!

Zuni, Chickadee Home Nest said...

Oh, how much fun you must've had opening that beautiful basket!! It's all so cute! You really made out like a bandit! Happy Easter to you, and thanks for visiting and commenting on my urban garden post! ~Zuni

Theresa said...

SWEET gift! I know you were super excited to see all of those goodies:) Easter has SNUCK up on me too and I am hustling to get packages in the mail and the rest of my shopping done! Enjoy your day dear Viv, HUGS!

Tea in the Library said...

You both had great swap partners that is for sure. Wishing you an Easter filled with joy.

Jean Knee said...

Everything looks so pretty. What a great swap!

CatieAn said...

hi viv what a sweet swap. Thank you for matching us up so well with each other. I loved the swap and my partner Kelly. She was on vacation when my swap arrived so I waited to post with what I sent her. Thank you and I see we all treated each other very well. FUN