Thursday, June 25, 2015

almost friday......


Good morning friends.  Happy Thursday!  almost Friday...    I try so hard to make the most of every day so as not to rush through the week only waiting for the weekend.. and, I love my job.. so its not like its painful to go to work or anything.. (well, sometimes it is!) but geesh.. I just REALLY LOVE my weekends!  some day.. someday.. I'll get to retire and then my life will be a long weekend! lol!  however, as much as I look forward to retiring,  I don't want to rush getting older! LOL!  So I need to make the most of every day.. each day is a gift... and we should treasure it and look for the bright spots!  (and quit just thinking about Friday! LOL!)   

These two pics are of my office at work.  what I really need is a big sand box under my desk to put my feet in and a video picture frame that plays scenes of the lake, or ocean with sounds of the beach!  oh.. what a good idea that would be.  I wonder if there is such a thing.  LOL!  oh heck.. as long as I'm dreaming, lets make it like a giant screen tv that would take up most of a wall.  but in a soft woody pastel weather beaten frame.   
OK.. back to reality.  been working, playing and working on bears.   so many bears.. and Ive been bearcrastinating...   I seem to do a little here.. a little there..  then I leave them alone for a couple days.  I'm just about done with one big order, two left to finish tonight , just a little more work to do on each of them!  Then they can go in the mail.. 9 happy little bears will be on their way to California!  Then this weekend... while its RAINING, I'll cut out the next order to start on. 
  
I did get a little crafty play time in this past week as well.  And whipped up some little patriotic mice that are on their way to live with some friends.  maybe this weekend while its RAINING again, I will make something for myself.  I have a little something living in my brain that is wanting to get out!  we'll see!

Last night I went to a flower shop to buy a couple Jacob's ladder plants to give to Vanessa and I found these little flamingos!  Aren't they stinking cute?  I couldn't wait to get home and put them in the fairy garden.  I might go back and get a couple for my desk sand box too! lol!  you know a girls just got to have fun.  I need to get a little beach chair for my sandbox...  OK.. that's all for now my friends..  as usual, Ive got not much time to get ready for work.. 
have a lovely day!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

9 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

I love your ideas for bringing summer into the office. I'd be happy to have my feet in the sand all day. Your patriotic mice are so festive. Your talents never cease to amaze. I'd be so overwhelmed with the bear orders. I can understand why taking a break from them is necessary. Happy "almost" weekend! We've got rain in the forecast and a garage sale scheduled. Fingers crossed we still get some customers.

NanaDiana said...

I always love coming here to visit because I feel like I am talking with an old (not physically old) friend. lol Love that you have a sandbox on your desk! You could play one of those ocean cds at your desk and have a beach picture there somewhere.

Hope you have a great Thursday and one more day til THE WEEKEND....not that you are thinking about THAT or anything. xo Diana

Patti said...

You just made my day with this fun post! GF - you are soooooo creative! I just love your little mice!!! Oh my goodness, maybe could you teach us how to make them? I haven't put out my 4th yet - thought maybe I wouldn't this time, but now I feel inspired! I'm cleaning up the guest room for my sister in law. The room is patriotic, bears, and firetrucks. Does that count for the 4th? I don't know how you work full time and then find time for bears and parties and beach trips and gardening and all that you do! You inspire me!!! Have a WONDERFUL weekend! Oh, P.S. I love your itty bitty flamingos.

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Happy weekend! Gosh give yourself a bear summer vacation, lol. Just love your desk beach & sweet flamingos in the garden. Oh those mice are fantastic! Are they felted? You are sick talented Viv! :)

Theresa said...

Enjoy your day dear friend! It is now Friday and the weekend is close:) LOVE those little creations! I have been retired for 13 years and OMG is it wonderful!!! I agree that we should enjoy where we are right now and not rush thru life! HUGS!

Stephanie said...

Clearly the solution is to move your desk to the beach.

Margaret said...

Yay! Now it's Friday! Love those mice!

donna said...

Oh my gosh! I so love your teddy bears.
Hope you are having a great weekend?
Hugs
donna

Nancy's Notes said...

Oh my goodness, you are so much fun! What a sweet time you must have with your creations!! Now, I must head out for a sandbox!
Nancy