Friday, July 3, 2015

oh yeah! a sunny holiday weekend!


good morning bloggy pies!
Happy 4th of july weekend!!
Looks like absolutely perfect weather is here for the next 5 days or so.  I am so excited! We've had so much rain... rain ... rain rain! blaaah!  (20 days of rain in june!)  Im excited and I plan on enjoying this weekend to the fullest.
I've been so obsessed with the weather the past few days that Ive checked the forecast on my phone about 6 times a day (maybe more) watching, worrying and waiting as they tweaked the forecast to pretty much perfect!  LOL!


last night I filled up the kids little pool.   however, its not on level ground and its looking a little lopsided this morning...  Now Im trying to decide whether to dump it and start over or just say the heck with it, what will be will be.    Its not filled in this pic.. so you cant see what I'm talking about.   hmmm...   I guess I better decide.  I  just dont know what I want to do!  thats a lot of water to dump...   but...  we'll see.

I have two pies in the oven already this morning; a cherry and a blueberry.  And Im going to make some cupcakes as soon as those come out.  I want to get everything that I can do today done.. so that tomorrow I can mostly just relax and enjoy.    but you do know that I enjoy the whole process of getting ready also. Except that it does tire me out.  lol!  I'll be making my pasta salad and deviled eggs this morning as well as strawberry pretzel jello.  Might even throw my beans together so that they are ready to go in the oven tomorrow when its time. 
So guess what yesterday was???  It was some little chickie pies birthday!  Our Lillianna turned one!   have I ever told you how much I love my grandbabies?  Like, I really just love them so much I could burst.  do you think thats normal?  lol!  I dont ever feel normal.  ..   what is normal anyways.   
Okeedokie.. those pies are going to be ready to come out of the oven... 
and I need to keep moving as Im watching Torry today and I want to get all of my work done before he gets here.  He is an attention demander.  lol!  
I'll be sure to take a lot of pictures tomorrow..   
have a great weekend everybody! 
******************
******************
******************
******************
******************
==================================================
==================================================
==================================================
==================================================
==================================================
==================================================
==================================================

11 comments:

Margaret said...

Happy 4th weekend! Wishing you a great weekend with lots of sun and fun and pie! Maggie

Musings from Kim K. said...

Enjoy every minute with your beautiful grands. You are making quite the menu for your gathering. YUMMY! I'll be right over. Our weather finally is cooperating here too! It's been so unseasonably cold and rainy. Happy 4th!!

Susie said...

Viv, You sound busy . Hope it all works out. The children may not notice the lopsided pool ....they will enjoy playing in it. Your yard looks nice. Wishing blessings to you and yours, xoxo,Susie

Theresa said...

My Grandbabies fill my heart with love too. I think it is normal:) Have a blessed day and Happy Birthday to that little cutie-pie! Happy 4th!

Cindy said...

happy 1st birthday to your Lillianna! And have a great 4th to you. (I have been watching the weather like crazy too. I'm tired of rainy days:)

Japolina said...

Have the best time!

Lynn said...

The pic of your little cutie is the best! Bet those pies are pretty darn good too! Wishing you a wonderful 4th Viv, enjoy:@)

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Happy 1st birthday to your sweet girl!! Happy 4th of July, hope you have a wonderful weekend!! :) xo Holly

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Cherry pie for me please! ;) Lillianna is so adorable. I would leave the pool, kids don't care about crooked. Happy 4th!

Linda said...

Beautiful photos. Happy 4th! Warm greetings from Montreal, Canada. :)

Marlynne said...

Happy 4th to you too! we enjoyed a cousin reunion here!