Saturday, October 29, 2016

my little Halloween cottage!

 Happy Saturday!  Halloween Weekend!  woohoo!  I love decorating for holidays.. I just do.  I cant help myself.  I actually think my decorations are quite tame in comparison to some! lol! well, I just dont do anything creepy.. because I get creeped out by scary stuff.  I cant even watch a scary movie... especially if its like evil...

my house is tiny, so I have a lot of stuff packed into it!  I have to use a lot of self control not to get to carried away.  lol! 

 ONly two more days, and Betty BoneCracker will get to ride around in my car for the day.  Im actually considering taking Boney and Bonita too.   Do you think people will think Im ridiculous?  well some will.   but really, I dont care what anyone thinks.. they just dont know how to have fun.. Right?

today I have to do a little shopping to get some stuff for my grandpies.. just little halloween trinkety stuff.. you know stuff that will end up thrown out or lost at the end of the week. but they'll have fun with it for a little while.    

Marla and Lillianna are coming over this morning while Sister Sera goes to the doctor.   I think we might make cookies.  And then later Scarlet, Violet and torry are coming over while their mommies go somewhere.  and I think we are going to make cupcakes.. so those will be their halloween eaty treats.  Not giving them candy..   well, I dont think I am anyways!  lol! who knows when I get to the store. 

Just thought I would post some pics from around the house instead of the close ups that I always post.  my bathroom is decorated too.  and the bears in my bedroom are wearing witches hats.. but not worth posting pics of.   Dont look too closely at my dumpy little house!

 I need to take another picture of the porch because I put Boney Neroni standing in the window now too.     Skeletons have gotten very popular lately havent they?  I see them all over the place in people yards and windows this year.  some people are very creative and have a lot more then I do.  I did consider buying a new skelly this year.. but I have enough...  but if I went in the store and found one at half price on tuesday morning..  I would buy it! lol!
ok.. i need to go get myself together before the girls get here.  have a great day and a great weekend!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo 

11 comments:

Patti said...

I do love your Halloween decorations. I know I've told you several times, my hubs doesn't like Halloween, so I promised I would not decorate for it. BUT...if I did - I would decorate like you do. I love the fun, silly, vintage look you put together. I just LOVE it! I don't like scary things either. No blood please. No screams either. No scary movies. Nope, not me. But hubs is even more sensitive. I'm glad he likes my vintage Santa style. I have that to look forward to! Again...just LOVE your style and your friendly skeletons! Have fun with your pies!!!!

Susie said...

I love the twinkle lights at the window. The lit up decorations at the window make it look welcoming for trick or treaters. I like that you decorate for your grandkids. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

I love your cottage home!! I don't have a big home, I am thankful that I have a home. I love seeing your decorations. LOL..taking "bonie" with you in the car on Monday!
Have fun with your grands!
warmly
deb

NanaDiana said...

You don't have a dumpy little house!!! You have a house full of love and whimsy--one that welcomes friends, families and I bet even strangers alike. You have an amazing zest for life and it is fun to see where you live. I love your blog, all the sweet things you make, your family and YOU! xo Diana

Quiltingwiththefarmerswife said...

Love the pictures of your house. Your house is so cute.....I always drool when you show pics of the outside......all that beautiful siding painted in my favorite green. I vote you drive around with the whole skellie family. Who cares what anyone thinks. It will most likely give everyone a laugh and we all need it after this crazy election. Patty Mc

Margaret said...

I think your house is awesome!! I love when you show it. You don't realize how cool it is!

BumbleBeeLane said...

Hope you had a wonderful day with the Grands. Love your decorating always so fun.I'm sure when your grandbabies are adults they will have such fond memories of being at grammies house. Warm Blessings!~Amy

Lutka And Co. said...

So nice to see your Happy Halloween home! :). I'm having a hard time decorating since all three kids live far away now. But, they will be home for T-day and X-mas so I will definitely decorate then. For now, I am enjoying seeing your decoration :)

Cindy said...

I loved seeing more of your house - not dumpy, just very cute and comfortable and full of family love! You've got the coolest collections of "stuff" and it makes me and so many others happy! Hope you had a fun weekend and have a good week ahead.

ginny said...

Love your sweet little house and seeing how you decorate. Also enjoy seeing pics of your grandpies. Family is the best. Happy Holidays!

Musings from Kim K. said...

I'm eating lunch at my desk and looking at "happy" things. Your blog makes me so very happy. We all need "happy" right now. Thanks for the tour, Viv!