Saturday, March 28, 2009

doll show day and then total sadness

Hi girls! Well today didnt go quite as planned. both natalea and Jenny had things come up and were not able to go out to play.. (boohoo!) But my daughter Bethany and I went off for the day together instead. Bethany isnt really into dolls. But shes a good girl and was patient with her mommy while she looked around the show. Bethany likes baby doll type dolls, more realistic and newer looking, rather then the beat up old ones that her mama loves!

I did manage to pick up a few for some pretty cheap prices.. most of the money I spent was on the two tiny babys . I always try to find a tiny baby when I go to the doll shows. I also bought a couple of other dolls that arent shown.. one is a surprise for someone for easter and the other is going in the easter basket that I'm putting together for a giveaway here, which I will show eventually! and did you see the little half dolls for making pinkeeps? cant wait to play with those!

Bethany and I did the doll show, went to wendys for lunch then hit up Maurices, Target, and Micheals before going home. Both of us were exhusted and it really had only been about 4 hours or so out. We figured it was because we have both been so sick. I am feeling 96% better.. there is still some room for improvement but I'm much better. I was supposed to go see the musical "Into the Woods" tonight, but I decided to skip it, I really am to tired. I went out last night because my daughter Jennifer was singing in a concert. She was the best one there.. (im biased.. but even with out being biased.. she really was. the girl can sing!)


Listen to me going on and on about such totally unimportant things. A Horrible Horrible thing happen last night and all day long Ive been getting twinges of this horrible sick pain and nauseousness thinking about what members of my husbands family are going through right now. Tonys cousin and her husband are living a parents worst nightmare. Their 17 year old son was killed in a DWI accident after 2:00 this morning in Rochester. I can not fathom the absolute retched agonizing pain they are feeling. Or the pain of the parents of the 18 year old girl that he was with that was drunk driving and has been charged. there was also a 21 year old in the car. the other two had minor injuries, but Joey was ejected from the car when the girl hit a tree and flipped it. I just am soooo sick about it. YOu know we worry about our kids and pray for them and talk to them and lecture them and try to teach them, but it only takes one stupid mistake. this could happen to any of us. Joey was graduating this year. Please keep his family in your prayers.
well.. now what.. that is just sad.. I would like to lighten things back up.. but for now I think I'll just leave it alone. Because in the scheme of things.. nothing else really matters right now.. not dolls, or crafts, or pretty things.. I cant imagine how Debbie and her husband and joeys little sister are dealing with this at all.
lets all just love on our kids tonight!
hugs to you all!

22 comments:

Diane Mars said...

Beautiful Dolls, what fun you girls must have had! I am so sorry about your tragedy prayers are with them.
Hugs, Diane

Lydia said...

I am so sorry for your family's loss.

That's it. When it happens so quickly, there's no going back. My good friend Pam went to the video store. Her daughter told her she loved her. She came back to ambulances. Her daughter went in a neighbor friend's go-cart(secretly,and w/no helmet). She lost control of the cart, hit her head on the fence, and landed in the canal. They couldn't get her out in time.She was only 13. This was 1998. Of course, there are more stories.

The drunk driving is awful. I just called my daughter in and read her your post.

My prayers are with you , your husband, and his family.xo

Lori said...

Viv, i am SO sad for your family members and the terrible loss they have suffered...it is a parent's very worst nightmare...my 16 year old is in NO hurry to drive and believe me i am VERY happy about that...when he does start driving...i will be fretting every minute he is gone...your family will be in my prayers...

Susan said...

My prayers are with you and your family. 15 years ago, my husband's 22 year old cousin was putting on make up in her rear view mirror,while she sped to work, late as usual. She veered into the path of a large state truck and they hit head on-she died a few hours later. These things can happen so very quickly and while blessedly we can recover from the grief, they are never forgotten. I am so very sorry. Take care. Susan

natalea said...

oh Viv- that is so terrible! I'm so sad to hear it. I can't imagine what they are going through- I will keep them in my prayers.
xo nat

Bob and Joanne said...

Last night, our kids went out celebrating our daughter turning 21 years old. Both my husband and I talked to them about having fun responsibly. I was relieved when our son messaged me that they were home safe. They took a cab home. I'm so grateful they are smarter than I was at that age!

I'm so sorry for your family. What a heartache.

Unknown said...

That is sad indeed. I always hug my kids tighter when I hear about things like that! I'm sorry Nat & Jen couldn't join you but I'm glad you still had an awesome time! i am envious about the Marie looking half doll you purchased! Glad you're getting better!

Sandy xoxox

kana said...

Viv,

I am so sad just reading your news. I will pray for you and your husband's family during this tragic and heart breaking time. I am not sure if one can truly get over this type of heart break. Thinking of you!

kathy said...

VIv am so sorry to hear of your and your family's loss -- Such a tragedy for both families . I am thinking of your loss and sending prayers your way -- Kathy- ga

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I pray for the peace of our Lord to encompass your family as they go through this tragedy. I pray that the Lord wrap them in his arms and hold them closely. I am so sorry for all the hurt and pain for both families....m..

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I pray for the peace of our Lord to encompass your family as they go through this tragedy. I pray that the Lord wrap them in his arms and hold them closely. I am so sorry for all the hurt and pain for both families....m..

Our Hands For Hope said...

I'm going to read your post to my 17 year old in the morning...so very sad. I will pray for the Lords peace for all the families.
Terisa
PS cute felt bunny!

Hope said...

So sorry to hear of this terribly tragedy. A life can end in an instant, leaving us all behind to wonder why. Hug your kids...I have hugged mine this morning!

Barbara said...

LOVE YOUR NEW BABIES! i picked up a sweet bunny at a sale...she was sitting there just waiting for me i think...as when i asked the lady about her in all her pink glory she said..oh i pulled her from the sale because she is really old and crunchy and i didn't think anyone would want her...i said..well heck i'm OLD AND CRUNCHY...i think we'd make quite the pair! we both giggled and she said...well she's all yours...FREE! FELT GOOD to be old and crunchy! hee hee...

needing some kind of swap...having withdrawals...spring fairies...or something...

yes yes..parents worse nightmare...my prayers your way...
hugz and love...

Debb said...

Sorry to hear about the family lost. I do know you the family is going through. I was close to my niece and she was killed in a car at the age of 16. very hard on the family.And almost lost my son in a wreck. Not much one can say to a family and sometimes no one what to say but Sorry.

Little Lovables said...

Gorgeous dolls, I never even knew doll shows existed!

And prayers to you and the families of those so tragicaly touched by this accident. It is so sad to say this, but almost everyone I know has a connection to a loss like this. We can only pray for comfort, teach our children and love our families while we have them.

Julie said...

You never truly totally grasp how precious your family is until the threat of no longer having them gets close to you...I know this for sure.

I love your dolls and am so excited you will make a small "Roman" for me. Actually it is for Don, who loves that lamb with all of his heart. Who else would get up at 6am to feed it when he really did not have to be up until 9! Just let me know how much I owe you when the time comes!

Anonymous said...

Iwas so sorry to hear of this tradgy. I have been reading your blog and admireing your crafting for a while now but have never left a comment. When I just read of this aufull loss I had to say how sorry I,am. You are all in my prayers. sherry

Charmed Life said...

Hi Viv,

I'm so sad for your loss. I'm thinking of you and your family.
I am so behind in my blog reading. I love all your beautifuls finds and creations.

Hugs,
Melissa

kecia deveney said...

yes, vivie - this is so sad. i hate hearing this kind of stuff; especially as my 16 year gets his permit. it is devastating that young people are so naive. i'm so sorry.

Fran said...

Please give my thoughts and prayers to you and your family. How sad. I almost lost one of my daughters when she was 17 due to a car accident(no drinking involved but DUE to the boy driving fast and being stupid). She had a long recovery and thank God she is doing well today, has some short term memory lost. The doctors and nurses called her their mircale child. I know how I felt waiting and not knowing if she was going to live or die. My heart goes out to his parents and family.

On a lighter note, love the dolls from the doll show. I love old dolls. I see a couple that I have.
I love going to doll shows.
Hugs
Fran

annieowen said...

Just read this Viv. Lots of hugs and love to you and your husbands family. I can't imagine what you all are going through. A