Wednesday, March 25, 2009

sick of being sick!




Still not feeling well.. this is a nasty bug. pretty much have been useless for three days now. usually when I get sick I'm still well enough to putter a bit, but not this time! I had to go back to work this morning, though didnt make it through the whole day. I still sound horrible, my voice, what I've gotten back, is pretty rough and this cough is gross! My daughter had this (well both of them did.. thanks girls!) and Bethany told me last night "dont worry mom, only two more days and you should feel much better" she said this while coughing like a maniac!! Thats fine.. I just need to be better by saturday . We had to cancel our sunday plans with natalea and Jenny last weekend and postponed them for this sat. and I'm taking them to a doll show! so i have to be better! actually if I dont perk up some by this afternoon, I may call my doctor for a script and to make sure I dont have bronchitis. now my hubby and son robbie have it too!



While I've been on the couch, between fevers and napping.. I did do some needle felting. nothing spectacular, I made a few tiny little easter pieces to give to my aunties and mom that I visited with in florida. I have to tell you that when you are sick, needle felting is easy to do, but I worked up a sweat with all that stabbing!


I did finally make it to the post office yesterday morning. One nice thing about living in a small town! the post master is actually a friend of mine, so I called her and told her that I had all these packages to mail and to ask if there was a good time to come in. She told me what times Not to come in. So I went down around 11:00 am and was back home by noon. Only about 4 people came in while I was there and she just stopped for a minute to take care of them. She told me that the post office has been slow, partly because of the internet. she said that we get on line billing and then pay our bills on line and that takes away lots of real mail which is having a huge effect on the USPS. I suppose that is true. I pay must of my bills on line and over the phone! Any ways.. sorry to disappoint you all.. no funny po stories to share. I just pray that I had all the right names and addresses together! sometimes I get a little confused.
I had collected more money then needed to mail everything back out. some packages were a little more then 3.00 and some were closer to 10.00. Regardless I still have a little chunk of money left, I had considered splitting it up and mailing it back but the postage would make it not worth while, so Ive decided to make up a sweet easter basket and do an easter giveaway! I will announce this give away more officially in a couple days. so be watching!

So.... I stayed at work until 3:00 today and then really needed to come home. I was exhusted! so I came home, put on jammies, threw dinner together.. was dying for some comfort food so I made baked mac and cheese... and a little ham.. yummy! at least I have some appetite back. Last night my kids were over and ordered pizza and chicken fingers. I do have to admit that I ate a bit of that stuff, but didnt feel so great afterwords.. oh well...


I still dont feel very well, but I just cant stand the thought of going to the doctor. I will wait til tomorrow after noon and if I dont feel better, I promise I will go!

OH! so guess what?? I'm going to make a quilt! I belong to a quilters guild, but I have never made one.. I just like to go to hang out with talented people! haha! (thats the truth though) anyways, then one of the girls, my friend Bambi ( who likes to read my blog) showed me this quilt that was in mcCalls quilt magazine. Its called doll dresses quilt and I fell in love with it and have to have it. so she found out where to order all the fabric in a kit and we both ordered it! so this weekend I'm buying the cutting board thingy and a rotary cutter.. and pretty soon I'll have made it and I will be an official quilter!!! Isnt it adorable!? heres the fabrics that came in the mail today. I'm so excited about it!


OK.. got to run, back to my couch and blankie... american idol is on.. motown night! yeehaw!

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear you're still not feeling well. All of your felting is adorable but I especially like the mushroom! It is cool!! Your mac and cheese looks yummy! Hope you get to feeling better soon!!

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I am praying for you to recover very soon. I really, really like mac and cheese and hcan not have it due to type 1 d. No fun. Yours looked so mouth watering..m..

Lori said...

Viv, feel better soon!!! i just love your sweet and magical felts...those bunnies are so dang cute...and i love how you put the birdie on the felted spool, SUCH a cute idea!!!

Kai said...

Hi, Viv! You poor lil' girl! I HATE that you're sick! Honestly - someone as sweet as you should get a permanent PASS on ALL sickness! I hope you feel 100 times better F-A-S-T! Your felties are the CUTEST! My fave is that bunny with his carrot. All of them are adorable but he just has such a sweet little expression! OMG! Homemade mac & cheese with ham. Haven't had anything LIKE that since 1997 (even tho' my thighs & behind are testimony to all the years I DID - sigh) and yours looked delicious! As for the quilt - well, I am a huge quilt lover, too & that one you plan to make is one of the prettiest I've ever seen. I can't wait to see it finished! Now! You go lie down & REST some more so you can be well SOON! I love you to little bitty pieces, Viv! P.S. Who's your fave on Idol? I LOVE Danny & Adam, like Matt, Anoop (tho' I think Anoop is conceited - lol)& Allison, and think Lil & Chris are okay. Michael? UGH! The blonde girl? UGH! (I'm soooo opinionated when it comes to Idol - heehee!)

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

We've all taken turns with that bug here too. Uck. Hope you feel better soon. I want to see that quilt finished! Wow, I am impressed, that will be gorgeous.

Maija said...

I'm getting that nasty head thing now- probably from substitute teaching and being around kids! I love your felted bunnies, and the mushroom totally rocks!

Little Lovables said...

So sorry! Here's chicken soup laced with prescrption drugs thoughts to help you feel better :)

I love your felties, the mushroom and birds are delishious. Our church is doing a quilt right now and the tieing is next week, I have always wanted to do one. I bet yours will be amazing!

Anonymous said...

Viv~
I hope you feel better by this weekend! Being sick and having something to do makes it even worse!! I love the little easter guys and that mushroom is super cute!! Where did you find that quilt? love it!! big mermaid hugs

toodles-
sarah

HopHopJingleBoo said...

finally able to visit here! your pink bunnies are adorable and your tiny mushroom!..Drink lots hot fluids and snuggle up warm..hope you will be feeling better soon..dang spring bugs!! sorry I missed out on you easter swap..mac n cheese looks yummie!

Anonymous said...

Get lots of rest and get well sweets!
mary
hoganfe handmade
handbag originals

Pam @ Frippery said...

So sorry to hear you are still unwell. I received my sweet little eggs today! Do you sell your little felted critters anywhere. They are adorable. Thanks for hosting the swap, Pam

Unknown said...

Hopefully the dr will give you some strong meds so you can get well sooner..poor thing! I love the chubby cheeks on your bunny! I made quilts out of my kid's baby pyjamas and I just cherish them. Is that mac n cheese that you posted? I never made that before..looks yummy! Get well soon!

Sandy xox

♥zoe♥ said...

Poor little Viv,
definitely you will feeling better these few days especially drink more water and if still not alright must visit doc don't wait any longer okay.
love your bunnies very cute but very naughty you should rest more instead of stayed inside of your craft room.
Blessing:)

xoxo
Zoe

Anonymous said...

hey I posted about a swap I want to host!! come cast your vote!! spread the word for me! its going to be fun!! big hugs!

toodles-
sarah

Cathy said...

Viv my sweet friend. I am sending warm and cozy thoughts your way. I hope you are feeling better soon.

I know just looking at all those felt beauties would at least make me smile a lot. There are too darn cute.

Feel better sweet pea.

xo Cathy

Reflections from the Stone Nest said...

Oh, I love that little quilt! McCalls, you say? I would love a bit more info about that, like where to order? If you can pop over to my blog, I would just so much appreciate it!

Hope you feel better soon. My daughter has the same thing. Nasty bug, for sure! Chicken soup!

Hugs,
Kitty

Julie said...

OMG Vivian..I have what you have and it IS SOOO disgusting. Add to that - that I am scared to death that I might pass it on to Don. I went to the doc yesterday and got lots of new meds.. I still sound like Phylis Diller though...

I wonder how long it lasts? Mine started last Friday with lots of throat clearing and a changing voice.

Hope you are so much better very soon. Love your little mushroom. I want you to make me a little white lamb (that looks like Roman) out of that wool. I would be happy to pay you for it.

Fran said...

Sorry to hear you are still sick. Hope you feel better real soon. Your felting is great.
Love & Hugs
Fran

Debb said...

Sorry to hear that you are sick.I got my eggs love them thanks.
Debb

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I am hopeing you are feeling better. have a beautiful weekend...m.

natalea said...

so sorry our plans got crapped up Viv! Are you feeling better? It's better we didn't go through with things though because as of yesterday morning Scarlet has been sick...I barely slept last night with her coughing and whining, poor thing! So she would not have been a happy camper today!
It looks nice out though...try to feel good and make it up to that doll show if you can! We will try again for next weekend...have a good day- xo nat

The Other Side of Me said...

Hi Viv,

I am so sorry that you are under the weather. I hope you feel better soon.
Thank you so much for all of your efforts and mailing out all those lovely eggs. I look forward to the 5th!
Tammy

Melissa said...

Hey Sweet Viv! I hope you are feeling better soon. Your little felties are adorable! You and your hubby need to hope in the car and come seem me next Saturday at the Spring Open House(that will make you feel better! LOL!)
Smiles-
Melissa