Monday, February 1, 2010

a little valentine decorating, oh yeah.. and a winner!


Well, I dont have as much valentine stuff as I do for other holidays, but I do have two bins full.
All of the sweet valentine ornaments on this tree above are from swaps over the last two years.. theres more, not all are on this tree!
This wool and felted heart ornie above is one that I made this year for an ornament swap. I wanted to find or make wings for it, but havent yet!

I actually have several valentine trees.. I couldnt find this one this year. I had put it away with the easter stuff. I was so happy when I found it! And this little birdie finds its way onto all my holiday trees. Its one of my most favorite little things I own!

Found that little gold spun nest after christmas 75% off somewhere.. and was so glad, because I had to have it!

Meet valerie the valentine fairy! She looks a bit like a viking! ha.. its valerie the viking valentine fairy.. err.. or not..

Just a cute little tree I found at one of my most favorite places.. TJ Max!
do you recieve the gooseberry patch catalog? OmG.. every time it comes I want to order hundreds of dollars worth of stuff! last year I did order a set of these little glittered wooden valentines.. the bunny is my favorite!


Heres my very huge giant collection of vintage valentines! yeah, I have so many! (really only what you see here.. I NEED to get more!)


This pic above isnt really very valentinesy at all is it.. but I keep my snowmen out through winter, so they are valentines visitors! And really this is a sweet picture of Frannie and you know that Frannie, is Figgys valentine!


ok.. thats all.. well there are a bunch more, but I dont feel like uploading anymore! besides, I think I'm having a major freaken hot flash or something.. I need to go get a drink and take half of my clothes off or something!
OOpsie I'm back! I forgot.. I have to draw a winner for my giveaway! ok.. hang on.. let me do this.. I'll be right back!
OKeedokie.. the random number generator picked number 4~ thats you Diane!
I have no idea what I'm going to make yet or exactly when it'll be done.. but send me your address and I'll be cooking up something for you!
oh.. and those darn kittens are soooooo cuteeeee todayyyyy!!!!!!
Ok all.. I should do something constuctive

23 comments:

LuLu Kellogg said...

I feel like I just walked through a little Valentine fairyland. LOVE your decorations :)

I want to see more kitty pictures!!

Sweet babies :)

xoxo, LuLu

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Oooh...my sweet sister. Diane is the winner? Are you planning on sneaking one of those adorable kittens in her package?

Hugs, Carrie

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

You have wonderful Valentine decorations, Viv. Love your sweet trees!

Fab Frau said...

Oh, wow Viv! Love is in the air at your place! Gorgeous, beautiful love.... only two bins worth hey? Just teasing! How lovely to have so much love tucked away in your home. Suzy x

Unknown said...

I work with social workers every day because I'm the marketing director for a large retirement and assisted living place...NONE are as fun as YOU! I loved seeing all the pictures and got caught up with the kitty pic's. You display them with such pride...are you the granny cat?
Interested in playing house in The Enchanted Playhouse? Sign up dear Viv and bring that Valerie girly too...fun around the corner for the taking...winks!

Jenny said...

Wow, that is some seriously cool Valentine decorating. I saw you on LuLu's blog and came to visit. Congratulations to the winner.

Bob and Joanne said...

What's the deal? A post where you mention the kitties, and there is no picture?

You're killing me! I look forward to my kitty fix every day.

:D

Unknown said...

Hi Viv. OMG how I love all that glittery goodness. I just want to come over right now and ewe & awe over everything! Love all your goodies. That bunny is just precious. Congratulations to Diane, I know she'll she'll be thrilled with anything you send.

Hugs...Tracy :)

Geralyn Gray said...

Love all of your decorations and vintage valentines.......it makes your home look LOVEly!

Sycamore Moon Studios said...

Valerie is just charming! Love her. All of your goodies are just lovely.

Diane Shiffer said...

My goodness, you have so many lovely Valentine things... sigh. I really don't do the seasonal decorating thing as I should. I will just content myself with enjoying yours, vicariously♥

Celestial Charms said...

Such beautiful valentines decorating for your home. Love the heart tags, so pretty. And your kitty is just darling.
Maureen

Mrs Twins said...

Luv all your VAlentine Decorating!
I'm been nosey now! I can see a gorgeous little piggy on your shelf.!!!!!! :) OOh, I do love this blogging lark! :) Can I come over please and have a look at him. Better still can you take a close up sometime? Thank you Suex

Nishant said...

I want to see more kitty pictures!!

Work from home India

Suz said...

Such fun things! Must get on Gooseberry Patch right away! Then there is Victorian Trading Company...

Unknown said...

Hi Vivian, Hope today finds you with your clothes back on! So funny! Each time you share your home I think how welcoming it is. Not at all fussy, incredibly homey, whimsical touches everywhere, and such darn cute kitties! The best! E

Lori said...

caramelos on etsy and lollishops has white wings...they are really cute...i don't know if they are the size you need though...i bought a pair to use on something, and they really are sweet...are you blogging naked again...sheesh...LOL...you crack me up Viv...

Maija said...

Your valentine home looks so delightful!!!!

Jules of Whimsicalnotions blog said...

Only two bins hehe Love love the trees so much, I only have a small feather tree i decorate for different things.

Emily said...

Love the photos of Valentine goodness! :) So sweet (and the kittens too)! I'm going to check out the goose berry catalog...never heard of it before. Sounds really fun! :)

Tammy @ tinselshop.com said...

Love your Valentine trees! I have the wood bunny valentine too, one of my very favorites. Your kittens are so precious, enjoy them!

Best wishes,
Tammy

Unknown said...

Hey girl, Bring that Gooseberry patch catalogue to Nat's tomorrow. I can't get one here. I love the needle felted heart you made for the swap!! I noticed you have some sweeeet Bethany Lowe Valentines decor too :) I can't wait to see you tomorrow! I am feeling SO MUCH better now! Bring your kittens!!

Sandy xoxox

C. Dianne Zweig said...

Wonderful blog.... so colorful and exciting.....come visit, Dianne