Wednesday, February 29, 2012

more baby news.. and still need prayers.

(picture of my grandbaby Jacob vincent Neroni)
Tony (jr) and Vanessa had an appt at the high risk pregnancy clinic at Strong Hosp in roch today. They saw another pediatric heart specialist. Vanessa also had an MRI. This is so very frustrating. If you recall, the first bad news they got was that the baby has a herniated diaphragm. That in and of itself is a very serious condition for the baby and could be fatal. They were referred to a specialist then, that told them that the baby also had a severely defective heart and that he wouldnt live 24 hours after birth. They decided at that point to carry the baby anyways and not to terminate the pregnancy. The plan was to deliver the baby and love him for whatever time they had with him. Which they were told could be 10 minutes to 10 days. I gave them a lot of credit for making that decision. It was a decision they made on their own, that we all fully support them on and believe is the right choice.
Then they went to another specialist, a pediatric heart specialist who told them that the babys heart looked ok. and there was a huge sigh of relief, even knowing that Jacob would still be dealing with serious problems due to the herniated diaphragm. Soon after their dr. referred them to the high risk pregnancy clinic at Strong Hosp. Which is where they went today. Today they saw Strongs pediatric heart specialist and she told them that jacobs heart does have defects.. but that she thought they were "survivable".
There are so many conflicting opionions. Its hard to know what to think. I'm sure they are feeling very discouraged at this time but are still trying to remain hopeful and positive. It is for sure that the baby has/will have some serious problems. I guess we wont know just how serious until he is born. Im just asking all of my bloggy buddies to keep praying for Jacob and for tony and Vanessa. the baby is due June 4th. So we have a little ways to go still. Im hoping that the MRI that she had today will give them some better news. fingers crossed and prayers sent!!
I'll be sure to update you's soon as we know anything else.
thank you for your prayers! You are all the" bestests"!


Diane Mars said...

Woe that is some very hard decisions to make... great that the family is all together to support them~ Hugs to all, Diane

Rhissanna said...

I'm full of respect and admiration for the tough decision they made and they're in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us up to date, if you can, Viv, dear and we're thinking of you, too.

Jeanne said...

Tony and Vanessa are brave parents and should be commended for their decision. My thoughts and prayers are with them and baby Jacob.

Paula Clare said...

Hi Viv,
Oh what a heartbreaking post! I will be praying that sweet little Jacob will be born 100% healthy, and whole! We serve a supernatural God who can do the miraculous! I'm praying for all concerned to have strength, faith and hope!

Hugs and prayers,
Paula Clare

Kim K. said...

Lots of prayers coming your way. As a mother with a child born with several heart defects, I understand the fear. Hugs to everyone!!

pam said...


How about we pray for God to finish healing that baby He made before it is ever born. Maybe that is how He will honor their right choice to let him grow and live. Hugs and prayers

Judy Miller said...

Prayers sent! God bless the family and hold them close. Judy

Debby said...

Oh I am glad to know his name. I have been hoping that God knows who I am talking to when I pray for "Viv's baby grandson." I am sure he knows but I like having a name.
As discouraging as all these different diagnosis are I think it is encouraging. I mean, know one but God knows and if they are all seeing something different then who knows......bug God. ANd there is stil time for healing.
I think it is wonderful that their intent is to carry and nurture this tiny baby and love him for whatever time they have them......and that may be forever. Prayers for Jacob and all of you.

My Vintage Mending said...

I cannot even imagine how difficult this is for the parents. Let alone a grandparent. Know that we are prayerful, hopeful and in awe of their courage. Many blessings during your time of need...smiles..Renee

Pixie said...

Keeping your family in my thoughts, Viv.

Cindy said...

I will be sending good thoughts and prayers for that little guy and his brave parents. And for you too, Viv. Take care.

kandeland said...

definitely praying for them Viv..xo

Ric Rac and Polka Dots said...

You can be sure that little baby and his parent's will be in my prayers! What a wonderful decision they made, I am so proud of them.

GARAGE SALE GAL ~ Deb's Earthly Delights said...

I'm praying!
Father, God..we know that You have all of our days numbered. Beginning to end! Lord, we are praying for this little baby, for a miracle, for healing of his little body growing inside of his mother. I'm also asking for wisdom for these doctors. They aren't on the same page and it's very hard on this couple and all the family members. Thank you Father for always loving us. May healing of this little one be in Your plan. May Your peace surround all involed. Thank you.

April said...

Viv, I have them and your family in my prayers. Prayers coming from Bama! Keep us posted.

Lisa said...

Oh Viv. Sending out prayers for that sweet baby and for all of your family. We all know how powerful prayer is and that God works miracles. xoxo.

Cheryl said...

I'm praying for a miracle at baby Jacobs birth. Blessed be the parents who give the gift of time to their beloved little baby.

BucksCountyFolkArt said...

When prayers go up, blessings come down.

God bless ALL of you doing this time and may Jesus send you all strength, peace, and wisdom to make the right choices.

Anonymous said...

Poor sweet baby. I'll keep him in my thoughts and prayers.


Merci-Notes said...

HOw is the baby doing now Viv?
I will be praying for the sweet little one as well as parents.

With Kindness,