Sunday, March 27, 2011

hippity hoppity? no.. Thumpety Thumpety!

1

Sudden inspiration smacked me in the face while visiting another blog..

2

someone who makes the most awesome old mohair friends had created an elephant, sweet as could be!

3

Ive made a few elephants before, but hadnt tried needlefelting one yet. But I suddenly knew that it was the next thing I was going to do and I knew that it wasnt going to be just an elephant.. but

4

It would be an EASTER elephant!

I went to bed for two nights in a row, thinking about easter elephants! (what do you think about when you go to bed at night??)

5

When I finally got started on it, I hated it.. but that happens sometimes.. then I just have to keep on playing with it and tweaking it until it takes on its own life and becomes what its meant to be!

6

I knew that this ellie needed to have an easter basket and some chicks,

7

And I knew that she would need to be balancing on a big felted easter egg!

8

And what easter elephant doesnt have a big fat bunny tail and big fluffy bunny ears?

9

she is happy with her fine self now.. except that now that I'm looking at the pictures, I think she should be holding her sign in her trunk. (lol, I almost said beak instead of trunk!)

10

Well, I hope you like her. Now i'm off to the shower and then off the see the Lyndonville HS production of Barnum .. (heehee..speaking of elephants!)

12

and after the show, my whole family and all their significant others and friends of ours are all going out to dinner to the new restaurant in albion called the Crooked Door.

soo... off I gooo

thumpety, thumpety thump!

(oh.. I havent forgotten about my giveaway.. I'll do it tonight or tomorrow.. so keep leaving comments!)

TOODLES

17 comments:

Diane Mars said...

Viv, amazing what thoughts are in your head while sleeping... that elephant is just a doll! Very fun, have a great time today. oxox, Diane

Jane said...

Oh, my gosh, I LOVE your Easter elephant!! Such a cutie and so clever, balancing on that Easter egg!
Have fun at the show and all!
Jane-Jacksonville

Anonymous said...

Youve done it again Viv that elephant is to die for!!!!!!
Margie Wachter

Jean G. said...

Viv ,your Easter elephant is sooo darn cute. What talent you have! Everything you make is so adorable, I love it! Thanks for showing us your wonderful creations! Have a great day.

Jean:The Calico Cottage

Jean G. said...

Viv ,your Easter elephant is sooo darn cute. What talent you have! Everything you make is so adorable, I love it! Thanks for showing us your wonderful creations! Have a great day.

Jean:The Calico Cottage

Unknown said...

Viv, I agree with Diane...this is amazing!!!!! So cute! The balancing on the egg is the perfect place for her! :):)

Lisa said...

What a cute Easter elephant!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Viv,
You are so CREATIVE!!! I don't think about elephants in bed at night..more like: what I am doing tomorrow, I better workout, not fun stuff like you!
She is darling!
Warmly,
deb

Unknown said...

OMGoodness I LOVE it! You know how my Freckles would love it...ahe is so into owls and elephants...I am in heaven just seeing this sweet creation you dreamt up...I want it!!!! Wish I was rich...tee hee....I dream of creating too...I have things all in my head and it keeps me awake...then I am up at all hours of the night and wee hours of the morning creating when I can't get it out of my mind. Sweet Ellie...Truly Viv, I am in love with this one!!!! Yours,Mica

Valarie said...

Viv...this is quite possibly the cutest thing ever!! LOVE it...xxoo Valarie

Lydia said...

Ellie is just plain Adorable! I love her lite green toes! And where did you get the eyes. hahaha

Michelle said...

That trunk kills me! Love it!

Jingle said...

Oh, I SO love this little blue elephant!!! So wonderfully whimsical!

Tamera's Craft Palace said...

This is just too ADORABLE!!!!

Anonymous said...

Your Easter elephant is adorable. And the sign... so cute!
bojojoti

NanE said...

So clever! Hey, as long as he doesn't eat my chocolate he can help the Easter Bunny all he wants! LOVE it!

LiBBy said...

Good lord girl ! Is there anything you can't do?? This is one of my favorites by far and to date.
You Rock
LiBBy