Thursday, July 3, 2008

pinkeep swap and 4th of july

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!

Finally, Im getting a chance to get at the computer to post a new entry. I've been busy the past few days.. working on my altoid tin swap.. which I think turned out really cute....shh... its a secret though! .........making jam, working, cleaning , and tonight I had to make some salads and stuff for the 4th of july. We spend the 4th every year with our closest friends . OUr town puts on a craft show, parade, chicken bbq, several small music concerts through out the day, tractor pulls, and then in the evening the buffalo philarmonic plays and afterwords we have awesome fireworks ! we hang around in town in the morning and for the parade and then go to our friends house in the afternoon to cook out and hang around visiting and swimming. then we head back up to town for the fireworks. We always want to go to the philarmonic, but we're usually too comfy and full and end up staying til its time to get ready for the fireworks! anyways.. we have a great time. And this weekend the weather is supposed to be perfect here!

I made strawberry pretzel dessert, brocoli salad and develed eggs tonight. I also premade all the hamburgs, so it wont have to be done tomorrow! so I'm about good to go! did you ever have the pretzel jello stuff???? it is sooooo goood!!
so anyways happy fourth to my american friends.. and happy weekend to my international friends!!
NOw.. on to swap news:

There are 13 of us doing the pinkeep swap. a very managable group I must admit! it would have been nice to have a few more.. but this is a great group! I do hope I didnt leave anyone out. If I did... give a yell...and I'll fix it!
our group consists of:
susan , Sherrie , Jillian , Gina and Me

So girls.. go ahead and design and make a special pinkeep (pincushion) of somesort. there are no guide lines..use your wonderful creative imaginations.. I have several ideas of my own.. and cant wait to get started myself! mail out date is August 1st. so that gives us all plenty of time. make sure you connect with your partner and PLEASE make sure when you finish you take a picture and email it to me so I can do a postof them all! Lets make some really awesome pinkeeps and make everyone who didnt sign up wish they had!!! (hehe!)
well, let me close with a picture of these sweet little mushrooms/toadstools made for me in the toadstool swap by julie webb. arent they cute? I put them on a shelf and put a tiny bear under them.. Im thinking I might need to have a gnome bear! ok.. its late and i've got to go to bed! good night all!

one more thing... dont forget I'll be doing a bloganniversary give away... so make sure to come back soon! I hope to get to in sat or sunday!

11 comments:

Barbara said...

WOO HOOOO!!! HAPPY FOURTH!

Barbara said...

do we have a blog button for the pinkeep swap?

Lori V said...

viv,
i love to read your blog and I always check out the links to others from yours. You are sooooo cute in your vacation pics. It looks like you had a great time.
Sorry I missed the pinkeep swap but I'm just caught up on swaps and want to create some new stuff. I'm gonna gear up for the next swap (Ihope).
Happy independence Day to you and yours.
lori

Jessi Nagy said...

happy 4th doll
oxoxo,
jessi

SympleTymes Cloth Art By Sherrie Nordgren said...

Happy 4th viv..Sounds like your gonna have a blast and then some..
I so enjoy reading your blog
You are such a dollin your vacation pics. You and the others had a GREAT time.
Sherrie

Cathy said...

Hi Viv,

Thank you for the sweet comments on my blog.

Here is the link for the magazine.
http://www.giftoffamilywriting.com/girlhoodhomecompanion.htm

Have a great 4th.

xo Cathy

Gina M Smith said...

So sorry I missed the pinkeep swap! That jam also looks fabulous and so happy for you that you have a virtual pet! :)

Unknown said...

I love your tin art! I am soo excited about the pinkeep swap!

Hugs!
Sandy

Gina M Smith said...

Sure, I'll do it...I just happen to have two in the works-or I should say in the idea stage.

SympleTymes Cloth Art By Sherrie Nordgren said...

viv every thing is wonderful..I LOVE your altoid tin !!
Sherrie

The Polka Dot Pixie said...

Oh WOW!! Your Altoid tin turned out so charming!!!! I love to see all the creativity you share on your blog! Love the sweet doll by Jillian too! Shes fantastic!