Sunday, July 24, 2011

OK.. finally a chance to post..

Hi girls! ONce again, I feel like Ive not been here! I havent been able to leave comments on most of your blogs, because blogger is messed up, and I must admit this is stressing me tremendously and ticking me off besides! but I have some suggestions from girls in my last post that I will try. so please dont think Ive forgotten anyone.




Its been absolutely crazy around here.. and sooo very HOT! OK.. so I know its been hot for a lot of the country and I shouldnt complain.. but OMG!!! enough is enough. I can only handle a couple days of this, we dont have AC here and its been difficult to function and get anything done, like cleaning.. cooking..


add to that the fact that my back and hip have been "out" for about a week and a half and its even harder to get anything done! HOwever, dont think that Im just laying around feeling sorry for myself. Because I'm not! I am feeling sorry for myself (LOL) but I'm not laying around! I refuse to give in to pain or the heat and I keep on doing what I have to do. (the bare minimum!) I havent cooked a meal in days and days.. weve been eating a lot of sandwhiches and ordering out.. I refuse to turn on the oven. but i so would love a nice roast with mashed potatos, gravy, corn on the cob and bisquits! might have to do one in the crock pot if there is no relief from the heat soon.


The kitchen floor is done and looks really nice. Tony still has to put in the kickboards under the counter. Hoping that he will do that today. Hes been such a trooper in the heat.. Im not very nice to him and I should be. My little "lets just stick the tiles to the floor.." idea turned into a major amount of work for him. And its been too hot to do that kind of work.




You already know that little Torry pie was in the hospital during this heat wave. he came home on Thursday night. Im telling you.. I adore my grandbaby, he is my favorite person in the whole world and I will adore and love all the others that come my way.... but when I used to tell my kids I didnt want grandkids, this is why... I am a serious worrier.. and it was about killing me to see that baby sick in the hospital! but dont get me wrong please, I think I can honestly say, that nothing or no one makes me happier then that baby! so I am thankful that I have a little grandchild and I am looking forward to the rest that may come.. I just Hate worrying about them! hell, Im worrying already about the ones that arent even in the process yet! LOL!




So what else.. I have some fun things going on. Next weekend is Nataleas "Garden Art Party" . I'll be spending the weekend at Nats in buffalo along with Sandy from Sandys creations, heather from speckled egg, Tammy from the otherside of me, Tabitha from creative wings boutique and Jenny from be cheery (flickr)! I'm totally looking forward to going , but havent even started putting together my gifties for the girlies! And to go along with that, Sandy is coming to my house on thursday, we're going to spend the day and evening together beaching, shopping and hanging out. then we'll go to gether to Nataleas on Friday. HOpefully I'll be able to get my house cleaned before she comes.. I know I wont get outside to get any weeding or yard work done... not even going to think about it! I dont know about you girls, but I always fret a little when someone is coming thats never been here before. my house is over a hundred years old and needs lots of work!! but it is what it is. And regradless, I'm looking forward to Sandy coming. maybe she'll get to meet little Torry pie!




OK.. This is sort of long and boring huh!? No great pics of anything to share. the one of figgy and frannie is from one of those extremely hot and uncomfortable days last week when they were sprawled out across the back of the couch.


Now, I'm off to clean up my craft room and maybe my bedroom... OMG... it is a disaster!


♥see yas later!

19 comments:

Cindy said...

Sounds like you have some things going on to keep your mind off the heat. I have AC, but I'm getting tired of hiding in the house. I want to get outside and garden, walk, etc., but I don't handle the heat as I get older. LOL!

Debby said...

I don't know for sure where you live but it is hot everywhere. I honestly don't know how you do it without a/c. I have seen advertisements for individual room air units, different that the big boxy ones. The heat literally makes me sick. Migraines, stomach....etc. You can come to my house to cool down. Just praying that all these storms we are having don't zap out our a/c. I love winter, I might add.
Have fun with your blogging buddies. We had a blogger get together last week-end. So much fun. Can't imagine how a week-end would be. Sounds like great fun.
Glad Torrie Pie is better. He is cute and it is normal to be so smitten with your grandbabies.

Unknown said...

YOU my friend are never boring. Feels like hell on earth I bet in that heat. We are begging for warm weather in Washington. We are finally getting to 70 and feeling blessed. It has felt like fall here, like we skipped summer and we hardly saw spring. It's been raining and cold since last September. Enough to make you want to move away but then again...all our kids are here and I want to be a granny just like you one day.
Cast your cares on the good Lord, he'll keep you in peace. I will pray and ask him to turn down the heat for you too!

Unknown said...

We put in AC in October. Had window units, but they never cooled the whole house. IT (AC) was the best thing we did!! It has paid for itself this year. I get sick in the heat also and have trouble with the humidity. We live in Northern Indiana and you can come cool off in my house anytime:)

Anonymous said...

It's 109.6° in the shade. We do have a/c, so we're all holed up in the cool house.

I'm so glad Torry is doing well.

bojojoti

kathy said...

wow it is amazing to me -- that you guys are having a heat wave and while always hot in the south during summer (i don't do well in heat ) it is not as bad as for you guys . Glad torries is well -and I like to hear from you even without pics -- Blessings Kathy -ga ♥

Susan said...

We've had triple digits all last week. It's bad when 80 feels cool. I would not be so casual about it if there was no a/c. We are surviving on salads and cold cut sandwiches. No oven for us. I am running the dishwasher during the night, as it makes the kitchen so hot, plus this helps cut down on power surges on the grid. Yikes, what a summer. Hope you feel better soon.

Musings from Kim K. said...

I'm glad you have a fun weekend to look forward to. This heat has really been a downer. It looks like a better week for weather in MI. Perhaps, it's on the way to your state too. It's always good to get updates...even without pics.

martha brown said...

Yes it is so stinkin hot! I don't have A/C either :) So glad that the baby is okay!

Farmchick said...

I didn't know your grandbaby was in the hospital. :( So glad he is out though!! Come on over and say hi!! I have a great crockpot recipe I just posted!!

Maija said...

Glad your baby is ok!!!
Have so much fun with the girls at Nat's garden party!!!

Unknown said...

Ha, ha awww you don't need to fret about my coming over! As long as you have air conditioning- I will be fine..lol! I sure hope to meet Torry pie so I can squeeze his cheeks (gently of course)! See you in a few days-eeeeeek!

Sandy xox

Resumes said...

Both are so cute cat and really beautiful cats. Mine is 20 years old and still going strong. I really like your shared photograph too much.

Suz said...

Viv,
The heat is exhausting. We are on a trip in a Black Hills and have had some relief. Beautiful place. I am so sorry about Torry Pie! I missed this totally. He is the sweetest baby and I love seeing his pictures and videos. I am a serious worrier, too. I keep imagining having a grandchild and I forgot about the worry part!!! I will be awful. I can't wait to see what Nat does at her party. I am sure it will be wonderful!
Hugs,
Suz

Kai said...

First off, you silly girl, who is going to be 'inspecting' your house when they visit? NO ONE!!!! I know I'D be so thrilled just to MEET you in person & giggle with you, and play with the kitties & that precious baby, and look at all your cute stuff, I wouldn't notice WHAT the house looked like! Besides, OLD house doesn't equate to BAD house! This house was built in 1950 - the year I was born - but I LOVE it! Is it beautiful & updated? Noooooo way! Still, I think it's great and I'm betting YOUR house is as fun & wonderful as YOU are! HOWEVER, I'm so envious of you getting to go to Nat's Garden Party. Sigh. HAVE THE BEST TIME. (And think of poor old Kai over here in Houston.) BWAHAHAHAHA! LOVE YOU, VIV!

Emily said...

I hope Torrie is doing better...I would be so scared as the mama/papa. Hope all is well. The floor looks great! We need to do that for our kitchen too.

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol cod next day delivery tramadol online forum - buy tramadol online for dogs

Anonymous said...

cheap 37 5 phentermine buy phentermine online canada - phentermine hydrochloride buy online

vivian hulett said...

Hello my good people all over the world we are here again to bring you the good news all over the world we Illuminati !!!WELCOME TO ILLUMINATI!!! The Club of the Riches Power and Famous, is the world oldest and largest fraternity made up of Millions of Members. We are one Family under one father who is the Super master of powers LORD LUCIFER. In Illuminati we believe that we were born in paradise and no member should struggle in this world. Hence, all our new members are given Money for Rewards [10 million us] dollars and many other benefit as follows once they join us in order to upgrade their lifestyle. Interested viewers should contact us on. (thegreatilluminati28@gmail.com ] Are you frustrated in life. What type of wealth do you want, Are you a business man/woman or an ARTISTS,POLITICIANS, PASTOR,ENGINEER,DOCTOR, Today is your luckiest day,Join Illuminati and become a multimillionaire,we have be given an order to recruit new members into the organization kingdom. Are you tired of poverty and now you want fame,power and riches .Our magical powers are beyond your imagination. we could do magic on your behalf regarding , your financial situation, future events,or whatever is important to you. we have the power and we use the power. we are Illuminati, and we could change the course of destiny. Get to us and we shall help you. Tell us what it is you want and we shall go about our work. Is it someone or something you desire to have? Do you want wealth(Want to grow your bank account?, Need funds to enjoy the good life or you want power to over comes anything ? Tired of working hard and getting nowhere?) or happiness? join the most powerful society welcomes you to Illuminati.. contact Illuminati initiation home Send us your most important desire and we shall work our powers in your favor. Be sure to tell Illuminati us what you want. If you are interested call the agent now [+2348154637647 ] or send your e-mail to {thegreatilluminati28@gmail.com  } for immediately initiation.New members registration is now open online or call them on this number [+2348154637647  ]whats-app via for immediately initiation.Our source of wealth and power is only reveal to registered members only.... WE WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT YOUR DESTINY IS IN YOUR HANDS