Tuesday, April 9, 2013

NEST SWAP

DSC04813
These next few months are the blandest as far as decorating my house goes.  I have a bunch of nests and I use springy natural mossy things.. and green plants, mushrooms.. and of course flowers.   I like it to be a little less cluttered at this time of year.
DSC04815DSC04816 
Ive been thinking obsessing about birds and nests the last week or so.  And finally last night around 9:30, I sat down and made a bird and nest before I went to bed.  then I couldn't wait to get up this morning so I could see it again!  
You cant tell by the picture but this is tiny! 
DSC04819
Ive also been thinking about hosting a nest swap.  It sounded like some of you were interested,  so lets do it.
Sign ups can start today and will go til friday.  you can email me at vivianneroni@yahoo.com if you are interested in joining in.
You will have one partner to swap nests with.  Nests can be made out of any medium and any size you want.  You can buy a nest and decorate it or you can be creative and make your own.
Here are some examples of nests and nest vignettes that I LOVE off of pinterest.
(by thecharmofthehome.blogspot.)                        (by mudpiestudio.blogspot)
I think I'm going to try to do something similar to all these pictures here.  
nest in teacuppretty little nest
   (by artfromtheheart.typepad)    ( by cedarwoodweddings.com)
Arent the little cups with the nests in them adorable?
nest on a candlesticknest on a heart
(by brandywineboutique)                                                (charmofthehome.blogspot)                   
and the candlestick nest?  too freaken cute!   and the burlap heart.. soooo sweet!

nest under glass
(art by tisha)
I think we should mail out by, lets say by May 6th.  Lets keep this simple and not send a whole bunch of extra stuff.  that gets overwhelming for me. I will match partners up on friday or saturday and send them right out.   You know my number one rule.. dont mail it out until its too cute to send!  make something that you wish you were keeping for yourself... which  I should encourage you to make two.. and keep one for yourself! lol!
okeedokie...I need to go do something constructive!  have a great day!
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ 

25 comments:

Japolina said...

I'm too busy with other projects to make nests but those are really adorable!

Kai said...

Me, me, me!!!! I'm IN! (If that's okay, I mean! LOL!)

Musings from Kim K. said...

Squeal! Love the teacup nest idea. You found some great ideas. I'll be putting your nest in the mail later this week. I think I might show it on the blog Friday. I'll warn you ahead of time!

Hope said...

Sign me up if you have someone willing to swap international!

Hope

Perfectly Printed said...

Viv, I had no idea so many different things could be used as a "nest"...love these pictures from Pinterest! I guess I need to learn to think outside the box! I would love to join the swap! chris

Laura said...

Viv....Your little bird is absolutely adorable!!!! :) I think as long as we keep it simple I can manage this swap! So many cute ideas :) I would have joined the supply swap...but I don't have enough cute stuff to fill the box and I wouldn't want anyone being disappointed. This year I'm going to alot of fleamarkets to build some stock for these great swaps.

NanaDiana said...

I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with, Viv. YOUR nest is just darling. You have such a special touch for those "little things" in life- xo Diana

Anonymous said...

May I please join in? This is such a cute idea. Thank you:)

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Your little nest you made is so adorable!! :) I would love to join the swap! :) Have a great day! xo Holly

Fran said...

OOOOOOOO! How cute this swap is. Sign me up please.:-) I have little birds flying around in my head now. :-)
Hugs,Fran

Fran said...

OOOOOOOO! How cute this swap is. Sign me up please.:-) I have little birds flying around in my head now. :-)
Hugs,Fran

Theresa said...

SO many cute creations! I LOVE that little birdie you made:) Have a blessed week dear friend, HUGS!

Debby said...

I'd like to sign up. Love the little bird that you did. I also like the idea of just the nest and not all the other fluff. Thanks Viv.

Kim Campbell said...

I'm in!!! This will be so fun!!!
I am willing to ship international.
XO
Kim

Pitter and Glink said...

Oh my goodness! Your bird and nest is toooo cute! Isn't it great to make something so fabulous you just can't stop looking at it?!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

I'm IN
I'm IN
I'm IN!!!
I've been thinking about bird nest too! I just love them and birdies.
Your birdie and nest is just DARLING!!!
Thanks for having this swap!
Warmly,
deb

Blessed Serendipity said...

I would love to join your swap and I just love your cute little birdie it's adorable!

Danielle

A Little Creation said...

Does this count as emailing my request to join?
Chris =]

Nicecrane Designs said...

OMG,,,,,I love your adorable little blue bird,,,,,what creative you are,,, Thanks for your comments at Lori's blog ,she was working with my vintage sheets...,so feel free to ask me your favorite product from all my stuff,,, ,e-mail me to nicecrane@yahoo.com

Kim Gillian said...

Oh I want in, so pretty!

Shirley Hatfield said...

I'm lazy, Viv! Please count this as my email to oin the nest swap. I love nests and birds and bird houses and bird cages and eggs and...and..I recently took inventory in my bedroom and found about a dozen different bird related objects.

Stesha said...

Oh my gosh I lOOVE these!! super precious & perfect for spring!

xxS

Unknown said...

Viv, Your little bird is so sweet. You add such detail, you inspire me to want to craft at the next level. E

Lutka And Co. said...

Hi Viv,
Please sign me up! The house feels empty now that all the Easter decorations are put away - a nest is just what I need. Thank you!
Linda

Unknown said...

Heyyyy there, would be cool if we followed each other so let me know on my blog? Much love, Sarah!

sarahamyruth.blogspot.com/