Friday, March 13, 2009

grandma in her crown


I'm a bit presses for time as my job just keeps getting in the way of my fun life... so I'll have to hurry through this post.

I first need to say that I am sooo glad I went to florida to see my family. It turned out to be a perfect trip , I had a great time seeing everyone, enjoying the weather and of course the ocean. My grandmother is a total doll. I ADORE her ! shes so smart and remembers everything from so long ago, and nothing from one minute a go! we had a great birthday party for her, and I have to say that she wore her birthday crown pretty much for two full days!
I knew I would see my sister Valerie (on the right) and her husband, who Ive never met, and I tried to talk my sister Vanessa into coming down, but she said it wasnt going to work out. However.. Wednesday night when my mother and Val and her husband arrived, they had a little surprise for me... My sister Vanessa! she had been planning on being there all along! I have not seen her in 15 years! In fact, my family had not been totally all together since 1978 when I was only 18!


I also saw my dad, step mother and step sister while there. I had not seen my father and step mother in 13 years!!! I think it was about that long since I had seen my sweet step sister tula too!


I just loved being with my family. I also had other relatives there, my aunties who I also adore.. and two of my uncles, a nephew and a great nephew!


another sweet part of my trip was meeting two fellow blogger and bear making pals!!! On friday Nancy from Dogpatchcritters and I met for a wonderful lunch and visit. We had a great time talking and getting better acquainted. she is a doll! We did a little swap with each other, which I will post pictures of over the weekend! But she made me the most adorable siamese kitty, with a little tag that says Jasper! I love it! And I hope to be able to hang out with Nancy again sometime!




On Saturday I was able to get together with Lori Ventiglia! Lori and I have been blogging friends for quite a while now. she was going to come and meet with nancy and I on friday but didnt feel good.. but she called me on sat morning and said she couldnt miss out on this opportunity, so we made a plan to meet that day! She is also a bear maker and she is adorable! She and I had planned a little swap too, and she made me a sweet little pink bunny for easter! I love it! Again, I will post pictures of it over the weekend! I was so glad to meet up with both Lori and nancy.. really a highlight of my trip!

(ummm.. please disregard all these HORRIBLE pictures of the fat lady with the white hair! I dont know who she is or how she got into all of my pictures!! All I know is she needs to go on a DIET!!!)


And, of course, then theres the ocean! only a 2 minute walk from my grandmothers. basically around the corner and across the street! YOu know how I feel about the ocean.. or even the lake.. I just cant get enough! I took this picture of myself! (reminds me of mister ed the talking horse! haha!)



I want this in my back yard! I wish it wasnt so far away and that I wouldnt have to fly to get there!! Flying by the way was ok.. I still dont like it, but I have to say that all 4 of the plane rides were about as perfect and uneventful as possible! Thanks for the prayers!!

I took about 240 pictures or so.. yeah, I wont be posting them all! but there are a few more that I probably will post later. For now.. I really have to get my hiney ready for work! Thank god its friday! next time i go away.. I need to have a couple days off when I get back! Have a sweet weekend all!

17 comments:

Susan said...

Your pictures are wonderful. I miss having a family, especially for wonderful occasions such as this. Your grandma in her crown is beautiful. Personally, I love seeing real sized women, such as us, having a wonderful time. You look great to me. Take care, Susan

Lori said...

Viv, that is SO great that you got to visit with all of your family!!! i love the pictures of grandma in her crown...she looks adorable!!!

kathy said...

SWEET FAMILY -- I can see the joy in your beautiful face -- almpst as beautiful as your sweet spirit -- Can't wait to see more == Kathy -ga

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

What a beautiful, wonderful family you have. The sweetest smiles of happiness...hugs...m..

Puddles of Grace said...

Your grandma wore that crown perfectly!!! What an awesome family event! Thanks for posting the pictures of the ocean... I miss being near one too!

♥zoe♥ said...

I'm glad and happy to read about your trip was really happy and don't worry you look totally great! Your smile can actually bring shine on you so much! Keep going happy and fun life!

xoxo
Zoe

Jessi Nagy said...

aaahhh thats so cool she looks fabulous!!!
you look so happy in all your pics.
have a great weekend.
oxoxo,
jessi

Kai said...

Viv, you have THE most darling grandma EVER! You don't s'pose I could sneak in and pretend to be a long lost grandchild of hers, too, do you? I just loved seeing your photos! THANK YOU for sharing! What a nice looking family you have! And that lady with the white hair is GORGEOUS and NOT FAT! I happen to LOVE that lady so SHAME on you for being so hard on her! (You cutie! You are just the sweetest!)

The Other Side of Me said...

Hi Viv,
What a wonderful time you had with your family. Thanks for sharing it with us! The crown was amazing!
The picture of the ocean a 10!!
White hair??? I think you look blonde and beautiful in these pics!
Welcome Home,
Tammy

Anonymous said...

I love your hair--so pretty.

What a wonderful time you enjoyed with friends and family. I would think it was tough to get back on that plane after being near that beach.

bojojoti

Leah said...

that is a totally AWESOME photo of your grandma and her crown!! and i love the beach photos too.

Mahala said...

You cracked me up...Mr. Ed...not!
Great pictures and how great to see your family.
Mahala

Unknown said...

You have a beautiful family and that photo of your Grandma in your crown is priceless. You're so lucky that she has a great memory! My Grandmother has dimensia so not only does she have limited memory- but she conjures up horrible scenarios about us- that are untrue. I can't wait to see the swap items you got! Have a great weekend!

P.S Thanks soooo much for contacting Jen! She e-mailed me and it's a GO!

Sandy xox

Carla said...

So nice to see the wonderful photos. Maybe next time we will get a chance to meet.

Lydia said...

your family reunion sounds wonderful:)

Anonymous said...

Love all the pictures! Your grandma looks *cute* in her crown!! Looks like you had a wonderful time! I'm so happy for you!

Libby Buttons said...

Ahhhhh! That photo of grandma is priceless !!! I would buy and frame a copy and hang it on my wall if you were selling them. What inspiration to live life !
thanks for sharing it. It really struck me.
"LiBBy"