Tuesday, May 20, 2014

good morning!

hello my friends!  OH, Ive been such a bad bloggy friend lately.  havent been keeping up very well.  though I do think its been pretty quiet out here lately.. with the weather getting nicer, I think people step away from their computers more.. (our little windows into each others lifes!) 
Still not exactly warm here.. this has been a disappointing spring to say the least!  
but it will warm up eventually, Im sure! (fingers and piggys  crossed!)
Ive had this mushroom doll dancing around in my head for weeks.  I bought the tiny head at the doll show a couple weeks ago and finally got her finished last night.
now I just dont know what to do with her! lol!

Ive been on call since friday, but have managed to squeeze a lot in along with it.  I think I have about 7 hours of on call in and on top of that, I had torry overnight on friday night.  He wanted to make carmel popcorn.. and you know me, I cant say no to my babies!




Then on saturday, I had to go to brockport, so I called Tiffany and she met me there with miss marla pie!  We went to Sarahs Garden shop.   Marla LOVES flowers and fishies!  she is sooo stinking precious.  I honestly dont think I could love anything more then my grandbabies!
I did also get to see violet saturday night for a few minutes, but I didnt get a picture of her..  but I just have to say, she is one beautiful baby! 
oh.. they all are.. yours and mine.. all children are beautiful and precious.



so.. lets see, In between on call homevisits and phone calls, baby visits and a little flower shopping for my fairy garden, I also went to a show on sunday that my daughter Jen and her friends were in.  I forgot to take my camera so I got no pics..  but I thoughly enjoyed the show, called "Company".

this week is looking busy, but I like to have stuff going on.  We had foster parents appreciation dinner last night. tonight is the last american idol night  (just about the only thing I watch on tv... )  Tomorrow night we find out who wins.. do any of you watch?  I'm pulling for Jena, though I do like Caleb too..
then Wednesday night Im going out to dinner with two girls from work... 
thursday night I facilitate a parenting your naughty teenagers class..
then ahhhh.. a 4 day weekend for Memorial day! Havent made any solid plans for the weekend yet other then that Im going shopping with a friend on friday and I plan on planting some flowers and doing some yard work.   Im keeping my fingers crossed for beautiful weather and hoping to visit the lake one of these days this weekend!
sooo. thats whats going on in my little world
whats going on in yours?


14 comments:

Cindy said...

You have such a busy and full life! Your grandchildren are cuties! I hope you get good weather for the weekend. I just checked our forecast and it looks good. Have a great week!

Japolina said...

I love your adorable Mushroom doll! (your grandkids are pretty adorable too!)

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

What do you mean you don't know what to do with your mushroom girl, Vivian? Why, send her to me! : ) LOL - she is too cute.

I just read this morning that this year is an El Nino year so we may have a cooler Summer {June-August}. I am actually hoping for that because the past few Summers here in Ohio have been very hot and humid.

It sounds like you have been having a good time! Like you, I love spending time with my grand. At the end of the month we {my daughter, grand and myself} are going to see Beauty and the Beast on stage. Really looking forward to that.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

What do you mean you don't know what to do with your mushroom girl, Vivian? Why, send her to me! : ) LOL - she is too cute.

I just read this morning that this year is an El Nino year so we may have a cooler Summer {June-August}. I am actually hoping for that because the past few Summers here in Ohio have been very hot and humid.

It sounds like you have been having a good time! Like you, I love spending time with my grand. At the end of the month we {my daughter, grand and myself} are going to see Beauty and the Beast on stage. Really looking forward to that.

Debby said...

Love the mushroom girl.....maybe an indoor fairy garden. I just posted more fairy gardens. That's all I have accomplished. My goodness you are busy. I have been lately as well. Saturday was non-stop.....but a good kind of non-stop.
Your pies are adorable. You are like me....anytime with them is just heaven.
Good luck with that schedule. xo

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Oh my, how cute is Marla peering into the tub! Love your new doll, you are so creative and talented.

Enjoy your well deserved 4 days off, woo hoo! We have no firm plans yet either, and I LOVE that sometimes, lol. :)

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Love your little mushroom doll and tiny mushrooms! They are so cute together! We've finally had a few nicer (more like springy days) so I've been outside more too. I just went and got a few flower baskets yesterday, by time I got back home it looked like a storm was rolling in, so I put them all under the porch. Hope you have a wonderful day, and some sunshine comes your way! :) xo Holly

Theresa said...

I like to stay busy too but thankfully I am enjoying a little "not so busy" time:) Love seeing pictures of your SWEETIEPIES! They are precious! Enjoy your week dear Viv, BIG HUGS!

Musings from Kim K. said...

Your toadstool gal is just lovely. This certainly hasn't been the warmest of springs but I do see outside my office window that it's in the upper 70s! I'll take it! You are one busy working grandma. Enjoy the upcoming weekend. In between our rain forecast, I need to get our yard in order. Hugs!

NanaDiana said...

What a busy time you have had, Viv. Love your little mushroom doll. How cute is that. And the pictures of your grandkids are beautiful. I'm with you- I love my grandkids so much it actually hurts....I just adore them all.

Enjoy your long weekend- you sure deserve it. xo Diana

Anonymous said...

Your doll looks very pretty. It made to feel brisk. Your mushroom doll is also good. I too like caramel popcorn. Nice to see your grands. They are enjoying the day!

Kim Budash said...

Viv:

I have been reading and loving your blog for years now and I have a proposal for you. Would you want to trade the "mushroom" girl for some vintage supplies, something that I have made or anything that you think you would like to have. I have tons of supplies and I scrapbook, do embroidery, cross stitch, knit, etc. and if you ever want to do some sort of a trade, I would love to have something that you have made. Think about it, just a suggestion. Thanks for your consideration.

Kimberly A. Budash

Kim Budash said...

Viv:

I have been reading and loving your blog for years now and I have a proposal for you. Would you want to trade the "mushroom" girl for some vintage supplies, something that I have made or anything that you think you would like to have. I have tons of supplies and I scrapbook, do embroidery, cross stitch, knit, etc. and if you ever want to do some sort of a trade, I would love to have something that you have made. Think about it, just a suggestion. Thanks for your consideration.

Kimberly A. Budash

Sally Annie Magundy said...

So glad you got to see your baby pie pies, cutie patooties! And I love love love your mushroom girl! So charming Viv!

Happy happy four day weekend!