Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I'm home from work today!



So happy to be home!! I have today off because we're going to see the transiberian orchestra. We thought we had tickets for the 3:00 show, however while we were out to dinner last night my daughter was looking at the tickets and realized that we had tickets to the 8:00 show. I had already taken the day off and for a minute considered going in, but then I thought, WHY??? so I am puttering around playing and enjoying being at home!
Jen and I have been hitting up some of our favorite spots looking for after christmas left over bargains, and have been disappointed. I think all the stores around here bought less and had more before holiday sales so they have less left over things! Which is actually smart of them.. but sucks for us!
I did find these sweets at crafts and creations in lockport. Love those bethany lowe garlands and bought all that they had left! also found the little tin tree candle holder clippy mobobs.. 15 cents a piece. I bought 20 of them, but thinking I should go back and get the rest! I have so many ideas for them!

I made this little snow friend on one of them this morning.. Next will be a little bird in a birds nest! I have so many ideas.. my head is spinning! I probably should grab a pad and sketch some of them out.


The little guy looks like he has a huge nose.. but its just the angle of the camera.
Frannie and Figgy are happy to have me home this morning.. They are never far from my side and sometimes figgy is tucked right into my shirt! Frannie doesnt do that much anymore, but figgy loves it. Gives me a back ache though!

Well all.. I have mice and valentine tags to work on.. and a couple emails to send. But first.. I need to make a pot of tea!
ohhhh..... by the way... I ...... gained....... half a pound....... over christmas weekend. I guess in the scheme of things and seeing as I pretty much ate whatever I felt like eating.. that is not too awful bad! However.. I'm totally back on track and will lose 38 if not 40 pounds by jUNE!! With that said.. I think I'll turn the stereo on and dance around the house while I clean up here!
see yas later!



22 comments:

carla said...

Hey you did great!!!!! That half lb will be all gone next week!!!!hugs

Lori said...

Viv, you are lucky to find some of that garland...i have been searching high and low for it, and can't find any...i love that stuff...

Christopher A. Klingler said...

Happy New Year to you as well!

Come on 2010...onwards & upwards!

Chris :-)

XOXO

Terri said...

Hapy New Year Girlfriend! Love your finds. If you go back I would love for you to purchase some foil clips for me? Seriously, Let me know. I'll be happy to pay for postage. Hugs, Terri

Diane Mars said...

You sure did good finding those Bethany garlands, I sure do hope you enjoy your day off! Play girl play.
Hugs, Diane

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

Enjoy your day at home and have a great New YEars!

Cathy said...

Viv, You need to run back and buy the rest of those mobobs! Adorable and .15 come on woman! Get going.

Do you want to be Elizabeth's partner or should I wait to see if someone else offers to do it?

Quite a few ladies already signed-up! I'm getting excited.

xo Have fun tonight. You don't need to publish this. I just thought it would be an easy way to reach you fast.

xo CAth

Unknown said...

Viv, Your little snowman is too cute for words! I love the tinsel! You work full time and craft so much, you are my hero! I have asked the Valentine swap person if I might be included, I am waiting to hear. My ideas are swirling, I'm so excited to begin. I do think we have the same mind.... grab that sketch pad! Happy New Year! Elizabeth

Unknown said...

SOS SOS SOS SOS SOS OH PLEASE VIVIAN, PLEASE TELL THE SWAP HOST TO REMOVE HER POST ABOUT ME, I'M HAVING A PANIC ATTACK HERE! Oh my gosh, I did not type write, It sounds like I am requesting a particular type of box - I AM DYING OF MORTIFICATION1111 I was letting her know that the box I am making will be pink withvintage inspired valentines and I did n't know if it would git her therem. I am so embarrassed, I would never ask someone to create soething for me ina particular way. i think i'll pass on this one. Too much, too much.

Valarie said...

Viv....I LOVE your new blog banner and background. It cheers me up, and gets me in the mood for Valentines Day. Love the Bethany Lowe garland, and your little snowguy is adorable. Have a fabulous day.
xxoo Valarie

icandy... said...

YIPPEEE!!!!
Hope that you had a fantastic day off! You've got some great treasures!
The snowman is absolutely precious.... and so are those kitties!
Happy New Year!!!
Hugs,
Christina

Little Pink Studio said...

Love your little snowman in the candle clip, he's so cute!
Great price on those too!
Cerri

Jules of Whimsicalnotions blog said...

Great bargains i have those clippy onnny thingos and i have never thought of that i usually have little candles all over the tree in them,I wouldnt dare light them of course.Great work back on teh diet i am too after having two weeks off,
I refuse to be this big in may for my 50th,
hugs
Jules

kathy said...

WOO HOO - the day off for you !! Love the little snowguy and clip --
Youngest son ans sweet dtr in love are having a BABY !! so excited here -- Happy NEW YEAR !!! KAthy - ga ♥

Nancy D said...

Jealous that you got to see Transiberian(Hubby loves them). Hope the new year is good to you.

Jessi Nagy said...

Hey cutie,
these are darling!!!
Happy New years!!!
oxoxo,
Jessi

Nancy Malay said...

Just stopping by to wish you a very Happy New Year, Viv!

Nancy

Paula Clare said...

Hi Viv!
So great you get to go see TSO! Their show will blow you away! And I TOO LOVE the Bethany Lowe garland..and what a clever idea for the clippy things. Happy New year to you and yours!

natalea said...

happy new year my dear friend!!

xoxoxox natalea

Cheryl said...

Happy Newest Year!! I look forward to another year of reading your bloggie!
~Cheryl

Melissa said...

OHHHHHHHH! I'm so jealous Viv! I've been looking all OVER for those clippy mobob things! I need some desperately! You are going to have a blast creating with them, can't wait to see what you come up with!
Smiles-
Melissa

Maija said...

Kitties look so grown up!! You'll be able to carry both in your shirt with your amazing weight loss.