Tuesday, December 30, 2014

there are pink and red hearts in my head...

 Yikes!!  
finding myself a little ... dare I say... lost.. or bored?  
or something...  lacking inspiration?  Is it just that 
post Christmas let down?  possibly.  I think.. 
 so I went on Pinterest and started looking at 
my Valentines board.  so much awesome stuff there!  
Then I went into my own picture files and 
looked at last years valentines pics.    
 And now... I think Im ready to move on.  
Im actually feeling the urge to decorate and CREATE 
for Valentines day!  but is it too early?   
I'll need to decide 
whether to take Christmas down on new years day 
and then decorate for valentines day over the weekend.. 
or to leave christmas up til the 11th.
 I say the 11th, because we're having a baby Sprinkle
 here on the 10th for Vanessa..  
(remember, I have a new grand daughter coming 
at the end of Jan!! ).  
So... do I want christmas still up for that?   
I dont think so.. 
I think Im talking myself into taking christmas 
down on thursday.    that is early for me!  
but I was looking through my pics and I had started 
on valentines stuff early in Jan. last year 
and had decorated my house by the 11th.. 
so whats a week earlier right?  
And so.. with all that said.. 
I've also decided to host a valentines swap!  
OH.. and by the way.. 
Erica is also hosting a valentine swap for our 
soldiers.. that I urge everyone to join in for. 
For my swap, I think it will be a one to one 
valentines goodie package swap.. 
to include a handmade valentine, valentine ornie 
and whatever other little goodies you want to send.   
I'll figure out the details and post about the swap later.  
but this is just a heads up that its coming.  
I had thought about doing a valentine card swap 
in groups of 6 or so.. but Im going with the one to one 
valentine package instead.   
but, If someone else is up to hosting a 
valentine card swap, 
I would surely join!
Okeedokie.. I suppose I should go get ready for work.   
toodles for now girlie pies!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo 

15 comments:

martha brown said...

I'd love to be part of the valentines swap, Vivian! ( if there is anyone who is willing to ship to Canada) . I'll email you :)

Musings from Kim K. said...

Count me in!!

Theresa said...

Too many decisions:) I am taking my Christmas down tomorrow or New Years Day, Valentines? Not yet at my house:) Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Shirley Hatfield said...

Keep me in mind if you do a swap...I love Valentine's! I'm glad it's still a red holiday after all the red of Christmas is put away.

Cindy said...

Count me in too! Sounds like just what I need to get through the winter:)

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Such sweet Valentine's! I'll admit I started thinking pinks and reds too! I need to take all my Christmas down still! Excited to hear more about the swap! :) Have a great day, Happy New Year!! xo Holly

Margaret said...

OMG I was thinking of Valentine's yesterday and was afraid to mention them! It always helps me to get over the bye bye Christmas blues. I have never done a swap before even though I've been blogging since 2009. I'm scared my creations will be crappy and the receiver will be like EPIC FAIL.uh oh Can I say crappy on post? :) Hugs to you...Maggie

Little Susie Home Maker said...

I will keep Christmas up after New Years, maybe a week or so. But with a new grand baby coming I am with you on taking it down. Oh how fun that will be! I can't wait to see all of your Valentine decorations! I don't really decorate for Valentines, but maybe that should change. lol
I love the idea of joining your swap. I sure know that it scares me to join because all of these wonderful bloggers are always so talented! And I am doin' okay with mine, haha! So I better get inspired and I look forward to your sign up post!

Unknown said...

Viv,
I did the same thing yesterday....looking at Valentine stuff on Pinterest! I would love to join this
swap too! :)

Sally Annie Magundy said...

We never even got the xmas decorations up over here with the never ending nasty bug (now hubby has relapsed into a bad sinus infection WAH!). Such a weird holiday season for us.
I'm dreaming of Valentines too! I wish I could join a swap but David's got 2 more weeks vacation yet and then I have to hustle on a year long swap I joined.
I was hoping to do Valentine cards like I did for Thanksgiving but I don't know if I can manage it or not yet??
I can't wait to see what everyone makes for your V-Day swap. Enjoy!

Happy happy NYE and 2015!

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Love your email decorations, oh those adorable ladybugs! I am so ready to join a Valentine swap!!! :) Look forward to details.

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

It's not too early for pink and red!! I would love to join a one on one Valentine swap! I'm joining Erica's too! Sharing the love is a good thing!
warmly,
deb

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

In your case, yes I would definitely take the Christmas down and put your Valentine's décor up. I keep our Christmas stuff up until the 6th, although I am going to go through the bins and boxes and purge some stuff out. I want to have it a lot more organized and hope it will be helpful for next Christmas.

I love seeing your Valentine's creations - they are so cute! I don't think it is too early at all and have been kicking around some ideas myself. I'm definitely in for the swap so I'll keep an eye out for your post about it.

Patti said...

Oh yeah! Please count me in, too!

I put my Christmas away - and brought out Sweet Snowmen! I've been in my craftroom making some cute snowman stuff. It's fun to be busy. It's supposed to snow tonight - so I HAVE to make snowmen!

DollZandThingZ said...

Looking forward to seeing your Valentine stuff! I love V-Day. It means winter is halfway over and what is more fun than pink and red in the middle of winter! Now your talkin'!