Monday, December 1, 2014

this past week...


What a week. If you read my previous post, you probably know that my sisters husband passed away friday morning.  Please continue to keep her in your prayers.  my heart just breaks for her.  losing 2 husbands in the last 6 years...  unthinkable.  I didnt really know John and had only met him once.  but I'm glad that I had had that chance.  I wish we werent so far apart geographically.  She is in missouri.  I would love to be able to hop on a plane and go see her, but I cant. Im hoping that she will be able to get a break and maybe she can go down to florida to visit our mother.  That would be good for her. 
In other news.  Ive been sick since last monday!  monday, tuesday and wednesday I figured it was just a really bad cold and that if I wasnt feeling better by friday Id go to the dr.  Friday came and though I really didnt feel good I thought maybe I was a little better, as some of my voice had returned..  But saturday was worse and sunday was still not good so I ended up going to an urgent care hoping to just get an antibiotic, pretty much figuring that I had a sinus infection or broncitis or both!  


So yesterday,  I pull  myself together and take myself to urgent care and what to my wondering eyes should appear and empty parking lot and a sign on the door that says.. " urgent care closed due to sickness"!!  can you believe that?    So I drove to batavia where there is another one.  And I was in and out in less then a half an hour and I loved the dr.  The diagnoses was pretty much exactly what I thought, a nasty sinus infection and chest congestion!    Got the script filled and now two doses later...  I think I might actually be improving.   I would like to go to work today, but I dont think its a good idea.  Hoping a quiet day home, resting and another day of meds and hopefully I'll be in much better shape tomorrow.   The headache alone is a killer.  I bought one of those micro bead heater up in the microwave bags to put across the forehead, face and back of my neck hoping for relief.  It worked pretty good last night.  will be trying it again this morning.  

 So needless to say I was sick for thanksgiving.  Which is probably why I got worse, because I of course pushed myself for two full days to get everything done.  We had a nice hectic day.  A very typcial our kind of family day!  I didnt get a lot of pictures  Just a few.  no voice and too much commotion to really do  much better.. Plus.. as you can see, I wasnt getting the best cooperation from anyone.. kids or adults! Theres always a joker in the bunch..  usually his name is robert!  lol!
 some cooperated a little better then others.  lol!  
And somehow.. others totally missed the boat in the reindeer department!
 And... did you know I had a set of twins?   sometimes Jennifer and Bethany look so much like each other its funny.  there are almost 5 years between them though.  they were trying to make the same expression for this pic!

and my favorite pic of the day...

 spinning reindeer!
have poked around a bit digging through Christmas bins and putting a few things out.  I put the tree up the night before thanksgiving.  It'll take me a while to do the rest.. there is soooo much! just need to feel back to normal first!  gotta get better quick now!  torry pies birthday party is this coming weekend and it will also be bethanys birthday.  Plus, theres those bears and decorating, all that shopping and of course baking!   makes me exhausted just thinking about it all! LOL!
so off I go.   I need to do some blog hopping later today.  so hope to see you all out there!
toodles.........
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

10 comments:

Cindy said...

I am soo hoping that you feel better today! You have got to take care of yourself so you can take care of that amazing family!
Love, Cindy

Theresa said...

Oh dear... I pray you feel better really quick! A girl can't get everything done while feeling bad:( Sending HUGS and GET WELL QUICK prayers your way this morning!

Margaret said...

Another day to recover is what you need. Great pictures! ALways so much fun. Maggie

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

So sorry to hear about your sister's husband, Vivian. I am glad to hear that you seem to be getting better each day. Yes, I'm sure pushing yourself for Thanksgiving didn't help. I'm still in the midst of my Christmas decorating. I'm sorry to say I'm not really feeling it this year, which makes me sad because I love decorating for Christmas. Hopefully, my Christmas oomph will return soon!

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

You poor gal! What a roller coaster of a week you have had. And I am sorry to hear of your sister's husband passing. Such loss in such a short amount of time....so very sad.

Get better soon!

Musings from Kim K. said...

I'm glad you finally got some meds. You definitely could use another day of rest. All that fussing for Thanksgiving takes a lot of a healthy person. Please take good care of yourself. Christmas decorating can wait. Hugs!!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Poor you...seems that you "catch" stuff a lot...
Too bad that you can't visit your siser...maybe when she visits your Mom?!
Fun photos!
Take care.
warmly,
deb

Stephanie said...

I am out of breath for you! Glad you are feeling better; it is so crummy to be sick on a holiday. Your grandchildren are like mine--spinning, twirling, running, very hard to catch with a camera!

Tea in the Library said...

First of all condolences to your family on the loss of your brother-in-law. My heart goes out to your sister.
I'm glad you are feeling better. Yucky time to be sick.
The spinning reindeer - to cute for words!
Can you email me your address? eclecticshorebird@gmail.com.

Jane said...

Glad you got to see a doc and got some meds - need to get well so you can enjoy this special time of year! So sorry for your sister's loss.
xo Jane