Monday, October 12, 2009

busy weekend!

My daughter took me to see The Color Purple on Saturday night. I Loved it. One of my most favorite ever. I've been waiting to see it for about a year and missed it the last time it came. Thank God it came back to Rochester. It really was awesome! If you get a chance to see it, you should ... you wont be sorry! Omg.. Musical talent is something I have none of, but really appreciate in others.. I dont know where my daughter got hers!
Then Sunday, Jen and I went to "My Tomato pie" in buffalo to meet up with Natalea (Kandeland) and Jenny (be cheery) and Nats awesome daughter Scarlet, who I decided is my new best friend.. isnt she a doll? She is so funny too.


In between those things, I worked on some projects and cleaned the house. Finished witchy poo.. my fingers are black from dyeing the dolls original hot pink velvet dress black.. but.. hot pink doesnt turn black too easily.. it was a more purply color.. (but I'm into the color purple this weekend, so thats ok! haha!)

I think she turned out pretty good. But she needs some assessories. I'll have to think about it a little and decide what I want her to have.

I think she needs a spooky looking pendant of some sort.. What do you think she needs?
I do like her so far.. Her hair is so old and matted quite perfect for witch hair.

After finishing her up, I made this bear.

He is wearing a bunch of those needle felted acorns that I made. I dont know what I'm going to do with him now. He's a little odd, I have to admit, I made his arms to long.. or maybe his legs too short! and hes got a really long snout. Hes cute, just a little out of proportion!

I gave him eye lids.. can you see them? At first they covered half of his eyes and he looked very sleepy! I gave him a little nip and tuck eyelid lift! (hey.. I need one of those!)
In other news.. I'm still counting points! I have to weigh in tomorrow night at weight watchers... I hope I lost another couple pounds!! pray I did.. K!? Im still doing pretty well, it hasnt been that hard really.. Tonight I walked with a friend very briskly for one hour. my legs felt like rubber when we stopped! We've beem walking an hour three nights a week. Then I came home to home made soup and bread that I made today (had the day off!). ANd , my poor husband, he isnt enjoying my dieting food choices, brought home a pizza! ummm.... (it was good!.. I ate a small piece~!) not to worry though, it fit into my points!
well, I have a punch needle project that I need to get started on.. so thats where I'm off to for now!
have a great night everyone!
hugs!

15 comments:

kathy said...

VIV your little witchy girl --is wonderful and the dress and cape - too cute --
Oh i do love musicals-- and plays -- So glad you gort to see it -- blessings kathy -ga

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

What a busy gal you have been, Viv! Looks like a simply wonderful visit with friends!

Fondly, Carrie

The Polka Dot Pixie said...

Wow that bear is awesome.I am in awe of how you manage to do so much!

The play looks wonderful too! I love that book.

I realize that I never sent you that I never sent you that link. It's https://www.castleintheair.biz/

Finally, in answer to your question, I am making a huge career switch and getting the Master's in Library Science. Almost back where I started as my BA was in English Lit. :-)

Sorry for the long comment I don't seem to have your email.

(((hugs))))
Jenny

Hope said...

I love that bear. I think he is gorgeous!

As far as extras for your witch...how about a small cauldron?

Lori said...

Viv, i just loved the movie "the color purple" the book was good too...i bet the musical was fabulous...your witch turned out so cute...and i love that little bear with the acorns...adorable...Nat's daughter is a cutie for sure:)

nomadcraftsetc said...

That little witch girl is amazing! So fun! I LOVE the Color Purple too! Saw it last year and thought it was a blast!

nomadcraftsetc said...

That little witch girl is amazing! So fun! I LOVE the Color Purple too! Saw it last year and thought it was a blast!

kathy said...

HAD TO POST AGAIN !!! WOO HOO
WOO HOO __ my swap came today __I am gasping still in delight -- Each one a great ornie -- oh so wonderful -- !! will rwrite more later -- kathy - ga

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

You have been busy. Busy fun!!

Unknown said...

Viv, OMG the same thing that happened with Nat- happened with you! As I am making a comment on your blog, I notice that you just commented on mine..LOL! Let me check what you wrote and I'll comment back here again..

Unknown said...

Ok I'm back and where do I begin? To answer your question, I had turkey at my sissy's one night, then my sis-in-laws the next and everyone was fighting! My man missed the whole thing since he is hunting in Saskatchewan (argh!) Your witch is amazing!! I love her hair! I think she needs somehting on her hat. As for weight watchers..sigh..let's just say it was hard to follow on Thanks giving. I know you made needle-felted acorns but how about pumpkins? I saw some cute pink fabric ones and thought of you.

I'm so glad you finally got to meet Scarlet. Isn't she a little actress of a doll? Looks like you guys had a great time together :)

I can't wait to receive my ornis now that I got everyone's happy responses!

Hugs!
Sandy

Michelle said...

That witch has got to be one of my favorite blog finds lately, she is wonderful! I still want to know how you did her nose! So glad your package made it!

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

Your little witch is FANTASTIC! I love her!

Libby Buttons said...

I adore your witch doll! However did you get her green color so even and free from brush marks?

smiLes
DarLie

Cathy said...

Viv, I love the witch, especially the color. It's looks even better than black.

The Color Purple is one of my favorite movies of all time. I watch it over and over. I'm so thrilled you got to see the musical and enjoyed it.

Love the bear, too cute. I bet your house is so much fun to visit with all the wonderful things to play with. I'll be dropping in for tea one of these days. lol

xo Cathy

p.s. congrats on the weightloss